Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

Coz I'm gonna be in a great mood after my favourite team's just been humiliated by Saha, possibly one of the worst strikers in the Premiership right now.

You must be in a "great mood" to say something as stupid as that. He's been brilliant more often than not for United when fit.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, our defence can look pretty good, then rubbish. I don't want to blame anyone, but there's just not the Premiership calibre in there.

I feel we started off okay and got better, and now we're getting worse the more we play. But to think we could beat the big teams isn't really plausible, hence why Waghorn played this match. We need to pick our battles and just try and deal with what we're given in between.

Mind you the more we play the more I miss those possible 3 points against Aston Villa and point against Reading (I was told by some it was a goal, and others that 100% of the ball didn't cross the line so I'm not sure). Would really have helped in the long run. Still, if we can pick up points against teams more our level and just do what we can against the better teams then that's good enough for me. Staying up is the goal, the more points we get the better obviously but beating Man Utd is hardly a plausible goal for us.

I think we're good enough to stay up, especially since we're missing Nosworthy in defence at the minute. McShane can be fantastic one minute then average the next, but is usually pretty solid. Danny Simpson was good at right back for us last year, and would be great again but Fergie would rather let him play one game every now and again then let him get regular match practice at Sunderland again. And Evans is too busy raping people to play every week for us >_<

That's my gripe with Keane, all these people liking us for him really. Would rather everyone hated us still, was much for fun.

And Simpson's good enough to get in the team as is, he got a bit of time in the Champions League and was pretty poor. But we wanted him back well before he was even a consideration and we seemed to get shunned from it.

And obviously Evans didn't rape her, women try it a lot when they're at the same hotel as a few big names. What happened I don't know but I doubt Evans would turn himself in had he raped her and they'd still be at this situation.

Well apparently the statements are all conflicting about time and everything. Seems strange with all the big names around to pick Evans.

Simpson has played a few games before this and impressed, particuarly in the Champions League but against Everton John O'Shea was brought on at half time to replace him. If John O'Shea is seen as a better solution to a problem than you, you have problems.

I think it's only Man Utd fans that like Sunderland for Keane. Most people still hate him.

Well obviously. I don't think Arsenal fans are gonna like us for Keane. We're still really hated, and I have no idea why and no ones given me a reason. Some additional support is okay, but it's a bit frustrating being a Sunderland fan and taunted my whole life, only for people to now claim them to be their second team.

Also Ross Wallace tearing John O'Shea apart was just magical. Oh and Wes Brown being seen as a better prospect as you is pretty depressing too. He's a good tackler. But he can't do anything else, at all.

EDIT: On the other hand, nice to see Richardon return. And fantastic to see Park return, can't wait until he's not needed anymore - which I can being soon, I'd like him in a Sunderland jersey too. Although Dickson Etuhu will probably eat him and his dog.

Edited by IAceI

Reasons I disliked Sunderland Pre-Keane were:-

Mick McCarthy, I really can't stand the man. That came from reading Keane's book and the whole situation around sending him home from the world cup.

Same for Niall Quinn, but as he and Keane have buried the hatchet I guess it would be stupid to carry on the grudge.

I'm starting to worry. Next two games see us travel to Birmingham and play Chelsea on New Years Day.....what with Wigan winning as well, we're properly sucked into it now. At least Sunderland lost, who I always thought were massively overpriced for the drop at the start of the season.

We're going down unless we get a bit more soon. Playing shit and/or being cheated isn't helping our causes.

Birmingham are looking like an okay Premiership side. I can see Wigan or Fulham going down as well, Fulham have just declined to be honest and don't look like they're a quality side anymore. Wigan I just hate.

I think Wigan, Sunderland and Fulham are the three teams that will really threaten the relegation places. Birmingham have a bit more about them, and the other mediocre sides above us (Bolton, Middlesborough) will have enough to pull away.

I'm really worried for Fulham though. I think at the moment, both Sunderland and Wigan have more about them than we do.

Relegation battles > everything else.

It's true, don't deny it. I much prefer heart in mouth Premiership relegation battles than top of the Championship. Middle table obscurity is booooring and anything above that seems a decade or two away so lets not comment >_<

• Admin

Fulham were a fucking shambles yesterday - their defense played like fucking 5 year olds. They need a severe improvement or they have no chance of staying up.

Our performance, however, was stellar (not including the first half of the first half. We couldn't pass wind accurately for shit).