Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find Scottish and Geordie accents absolutely gorgeous on lasses so it's all lovely. There was a southern lad who came to our school a few years back, he was an absolute cock - but that wasn't him being a southern lad - he was just a prick. I prefer to see British unity than the southern snobbery versus northern farmers etc. >_<

I find Scottish and Geordie accents absolutely gorgeous on lasses so it's all lovely. There was a southern lad who came to our school a few years back, he was an absolute cock - but that wasn't him being a southern lad - he was just a prick. I prefer to see British unity than the southern snobbery versus northern farmers etc. >_<

Yeah, me too.

Cheryl Tweedy :wub:

Well obviously I mean northern English, because you do seem to come off quite snobbish in that respect about the whole north/south divide.

Nah I'm not particularly snobbish - it's more a hangover from the banter between myself and my housemates at uni, myself being a Southerner, one guy from the Midlands (Rugby), another from the North (Liverpool) and the fourth from North Wales.

So it's not bad tempered snobbishness in any way shape or form, it's just left over from then when we'd all slag eachother off....That and people in Birmingham trying out my accent. :shifty:

However, I must admit to disliking the Newcastle accent (and being one of the only people to so it seems). It's just one of those things - I also love the "harsh" Belfast accent and the Brummie accent so meh, no accounting for taste :D

"Desiring a permanent move, Bentley was linked with a number of clubs including Wolves, before being dispatched on a further season's loan to Blackburn Rovers in August 2005; in January 2006, Blackburn announced they had signed Bentley on a permanent basis from Arsenal."

Looking at that, it might've been on a Free.

Lawrie Sanchez has left/parted company/been fired by Fulham. Rumours are that John Collins may have quit the other day to come down and take over the managerial role.

Very strange indeed. If those rumours are true, that's slightly bad on Fulham's part to poach John Collins and tell him he's pretty much got the job before sacking the previous guy, in this case Sanchez.

Lawrie Sanchez has left/parted company/been fired by Fulham. Rumours are that John Collins may have quit the other day to come down and take over the managerial role.

Very strange indeed. If those rumours are true, that's slightly bad on Fulham's part to poach John Collins and tell him he's pretty much got the job before sacking the previous guy, in this case Sanchez.

Meh, probably. But he has links here, so there is a potential for a 2+2=5 thing where people assume that he was poached prior to Sanchez's departure, even though he may just be linked to us due to his previous stretches at the club.

Guest Ringmaster

As I've said over and over, sacking Coleman was retarded. With the little money he was given, he was able to keep Fulham up by buying players that simply got the job done. That and IMO, he was more tactically aware and fun to watch. If he had been given the kind of money Sanchez had been given, he'd have probably built something pretty nice.

In conclusion, lol Al-Fayed.

I was employed by old Mo once also, and it wasn't much fun. Ever since then I've had something of a dislike for Fluham. Silly sacking Coleman, sacking Sanchez makes no more sense than hiring him in the first place. As has been expressed, Fulham are a Championship side punching above their weight. Not for too much longer though at this rate.

Since when have we been a Championship side punching above our weight? Aside from last season, which was a bit iffy, we've been pretty comfortable in the Premiership since we got there, even with people consistently expecting us to go down.

Although if you are referring to people's suggestions that Sanchez has bought a Championship standard side, than....I might have to agree with you >_>

Just my opinion, but Fulham have never struck me as being anywhere near as good as their final league tables have suggested. Although I thought when you bought Bullard and Coleman was doing ok you had a decent chance of doing something back then. That didn't work out and things are even worse now.

And yes, Sanchez certainly did that for you, but then with him in charge what calibre of players could you really expect to attract?