Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

I didn't watch the game or follow it really, but surely this BBC report can't be right?

Portsmouth failed to seriously trouble Paul Robinson thanks to the excellent defenders in front of him.

:blink:

It probably isn't right - BBC reports rarely are ...especially the live, in-running ones.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A season or two that would have been a goal, but with our whole new "protect the keeper" beliefs coming from more or less the incessant whinging from the top top top managers who complain every time a player went in a 3 metre radius of their goalkeeper or even dared jump while the goalkeeper jumped.

Gardner should have been sent off, and would have had it been later in the game rather than at the start in my opinion.

But don't get me wrong, Aston Villa certainly didn't deserve to lose so to have lost in Roy Keane time like that would have been unfair. I think a draw seemed pretty fair, we're creating good chances now and look like a Premiership side who can compete with the better teams. Getting a point against Villa is fantastic for us, if we can keep getting points against teams like that and beating times down out our level then we'll stay up and can build on it.

C'mon Tevez you fucking monster! :D - Right, now that's out in the open...

For those who aren't watching the game, it might look as if Liverpool have dominated - It's been far from that. Most of their shots have hit row P. United have looked dangerous without getting any shots at goal ...it might've been a worry, but now we're 1-0 up, Liverpool will have to come at us at some point, so more chances will come.

And what the hell was VDS doing - Nearly cost us a goal twice.

I predicted 1-1 before the game, and I'd still happily take it ...although, of course, I don't want to see Utd give the lead away.

EDIT: BBC's version of the goal...

Cross by Owen Hargreaves (Man Utd), blocked by Jamie Carragher (Liverpool). Inswinging corner from right by-line taken left-footed by Ryan Giggs (Man Utd) to short, resulting in open play. Goal by Carlos Tevez (Man Utd) right-footed (high centre of goal) from left side of six-yard box (6 yards).Liverpool 0-1 Man Utd. Assist (pass) by Wayne Rooney (Man Utd) from right channel.

They sure know how to complicate things. They try to go into too much detail all the time ...and fail.

Edited by Baddar D

Get in! 0-0 please.. Arsene, Avram, k?

Expected a lot more from Liverpool to be honest. They didn't cause us many problems at all.. only through Edwin's howlers, bless him. I don't quite understand why they kept hitting Torres in the air, or trying to anyway. I know he's tall, and has a great first touch, but clearly he's more suited to the ball into feet or in behind.

I'd also just like point out, that Owen Hargreaves is quality. :)

Edited by Whisper in the Wind