Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Setanta commentators annoyed me so much. I only got it the other day, but if all of them are as annoying as this, I'll end up gnawing through my own arm. "READING HAVE NEVER BEATEN A TOP FOUR TEAM. MAYBE NOW THEY CAN BEAT A TOP FOUR TEAM!" It's not as if it's that impressive, really. And Craig Burley's a cunt.

The Setanta commentators annoyed me so much. I only got it the other day, but if all of them are as annoying as this, I'll end up gnawing through my own arm. "READING HAVE NEVER BEATEN A TOP FOUR TEAM. MAYBE NOW THEY CAN BEAT A TOP FOUR TEAM!" It's not as if it's that impressive, really. And Craig Burley's a cunt.

To be fair, it is impressive, especially to a side like Reading.

They've got a great point at OT on the first day, and have now beat Liverpool against the odds at home. That's not bad going. I will agree with the annoying commentators bit though, they can be ...especially when we have Burley analysing.

But, all is usually good when Jon Champion is commentating.

It's slightly impressive, but not impressive enough to keep ranting about. It's not as if top four sides will win all their games. I don't like it when commentators refer to them as "top four" sides like this anyway, it's almost like referring to a separate league which doesn't actually exist. Just seemed like he stressed the importance of beating us a bit too much really, it's not as if we're the Champions or anything.

Well the fact is, it was always going to be milked. The exact same thing will happen tomorrow if Boro beat Arsenal, which is unlikely, but not too farfetched I don't think.

...The commentators will say how Boro have beaten the "best team in the country at the moment". Would that be so impressive? Quite...but Boro generally have quite a decent home record against the "big four" I think.

I don't really understand your logic there. So it's not that impressive, for a side who have never won any major honours in their history, to beat one of the biggest clubs in the world 3-1? Let's face it.. United, Arsenal, Chelsea fans would be ecstatic putting 3 past Liverpool.

For Reading, it's an achievement.

I used to go and watch Reading 10+ years ago when they were in the old Second Division. To see them beating Liverpool 3-1 now, is quite weird to me. It IS a big deal for a team like Reading to get their first win over one of the "Big 4" when, until last season, they had been classes apart for decades.

And yes, Craig Burley is a cunt. So is Tim Sherwood.

John Terry is a thug. Really, the way he went after Miller is laughable for a captain.

Chelsea are a good side but they're a squad of players who have a mental age of 6 who need to get involved with everything. A little thing where Miller accidentally falls over Terry, and Pizzarro for some reason is getting involved. Then the likes of Terry and Lampard all swarm round the referee shouting and screaming. Quite sad.

Not defending Miller, but in hindsight if he was going to get a red he might as well have floored him with a right hook.

I don't really understand your logic there. So it's not that impressive, for a side who have never won any major honours in their history, to beat one of the biggest clubs in the world 3-1? Let's face it.. United, Arsenal, Chelsea fans would be ecstatic putting 3 past Liverpool.

It's the way he referred to us as a top four team. If he said one of the biggest clubs in the world, fair enough. He didn't. He said top four team, and the way he stressed it so much came off as ridiculous. When you say it the way you've said it, of course it sounds like an achievement. But that's not even close to what he said.

Ah right, fair enough. Yeah I see your point there. I suppose they were just trying to make that point, in Setanta's own annoyingly terrible way.