Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brum have barely been better than the officials, they don't deserve anything from this and if anyone tries to hail this as tactical genius from McLeish then they're wrong. They've just had complete and utter luck against a team that can't defend, and should have scored several more.

And as I say that 3-2 Brum.

Awesome goal, but they don't deserve anything.

Man U were much better than us last night, but it has re-opened the Ronaldo 'diving' debate, seemingly.

And to be honest, I think it was a dive, as there was no contact, and to be honest, if you hurdle someone or try and get out of the way, there are several other ways you can do it without going head first over the top, which was just looking for a penalty. Add to the fact he went down like a sack of shit earlier in the game when Omusuzi nudged him, I'm hoping the gamesmanship is just a bit of a blip.

Man U were much better than us last night, but it has re-opened the Ronaldo 'diving' debate, seemingly.

And to be honest, I think it was a dive, as there was no contact, and to be honest, if you hurdle someone or try and get out of the way, there are several other ways you can do it without going head first over the top, which was just looking for a penalty. Add to the fact he went down like a sack of shit earlier in the game when Omusuzi nudged him, I'm hoping the gamesmanship is just a bit of a blip.

I personally don't think he dived, and didn't deserve a yellow card. I can see why the penalty wasn't given though, as there was little or no contact.

...But then, wasn't it Styles who gave Gerrard a penalty at the beginning of last season and claimed because the "intent" was there, it was a penalty. I think Ronaldo's previous reputation has gone before him here. The legend that is Jon Champion got it right.

The Football Association have rejected Tottenham's appeal against Robbie Keane's red card against Birmingham.

Keane was sent off during Tottenham's 3-2 defeat at White Hart Lane on Sunday for a tackle on Blues midfielder Fabrice Muamba.

The Irishman was infuriated by the decision of referee Phil Dowd and Spurs boss Juande Ramos felt the sending off was harsh.

Spurs immediately launched an appeal against the dismissal, but after reviewing the incident The FA have decided the red card will stand.

It means that Keane will miss the two Premier League games with Manchester City and Portsmouth as well as the Carling Cup tie against Sven Goran Eriksson's City.

Well that's a joke if you ask me. HOW can they reject the appeal? They're refusing to admit that the decision was wrong, which is pathetic.

They have a stupid rule where it has to be either deemed not worthy of a card at all or it stands as a red.

(Y) - Yeah, can remember hearing about that rule from a while ago. So, that would make sense, as people could argue he deserved a booking, but still...it's a stupid rule nonetheless.

1) a lunge at fast pace by Robbie Keane when the referee is really close to the action looks a lot worse than a harder tackle further away from the referees perspective, it's a bad decision but it's justifiable and Keane probably wouldn't have been able to get away with nothing.

2) Even if contact was made with Ronaldo, it was too little to make him fall down like that. Notice how he's clapping once he gets up when he believes that he's got away with it? He could easily have gone for the shot before he ran into the goalkeeper.