Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

:(

And in response to what BSIG posted above, Joey is absolutely spot on, my fellow Newcastle fans are far to quick to turn on our managers, they seem to expect, with a squad that is mid table at best in terms of quality, Big Sam to turn them into world beaters overnight, it's not gonna happen this season, it's not gonna happen next season, maybe not even the one after that.

It not his fault he's inheritated a team that disappears after they concede (watch MOTD tonight, I bet as soon as Blackburn equalised, their heads dropped and it was all Blackburn after that, a matter of when, not if they score again - last week they disappeared before kickoff :P).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who heard Paul Jewell say we only have had two chances? We hit the post twice, Jones had a shot saved, Stokes had one saved and then got the rebound, Higginbotham nearly scored in the first minute, we had loads of chances.

I may have misheard him but I'm sure he said we only really had two chances, when we hit the post in the first half and when we scored.

Then again he's a fat, useless, smarmy cunt who doesn't know anything at all. Yep, my Paul Jewell hate fest is still going strong - but I have good reason to when he comes out with comments like that. All he needed to say was "we deserved something from the game", despite being dominated from what they were saying on Sky Sports News and I would have had him assassinated. He's a moronic cunt.

He had 39 of 40 before he went off injured I believe. He truly is playing phenomenal this season, and like Fabregas has come into his own - not so much as he was poor before but it's all come together this season it seems.

Arsenal just seem to click at the same times and play near perfect football. It's so beautiful to watch as well, fuck the fact there's next to no English players in their side - if it's that good to watch then we should just sit back, watch it and thank them for the displays and lessons they can give.

Has Shaun Wright-Phillips ever had a ball under control? Even when he's dribbing with nobody around him he still ends up stumbling or running ahead of the ball and needing to go back for it. For a winger it's alarming, he wouldn't get anywhere near me England squad, I think Sven had the right idea at the World Cup to be honest (although his point was somewhat lost when he picked Walcott).

After much Hleb defending to fellow Arsenal fans it's great to see him finally come good. I think he proved yesterday that he's every bit as vital to the team as Fabregas is.

Every single team time wastes so I don't really agree with that. Also a good game plan can unnerve a team like Arsenal, much like Bolton did to Manchester United - they stuffed their game plan and came away with the points. I like Villa, I do, but Arsenal have that extra quality in my eyes.

And Andy Gray is apparently a God send because he predicted Tottenham would concede :o

I feel bad for Muamba getting booed because it's not his fault, but it's definitely not a red card. Silly choice and he was right on top of it as well. The idea of Robbie Keane trying to intentionally hurt someone makes me laugh, he seems too nice to do that.

Andy Gray came out of it sounding like some dog handler. He really is an arrogant cunt, absolute pain in the arse.

Also I love how Huddlestone either plays a perfectly timed pass with perfect weight and precision, or just smacks it at someone...

Every single team time wastes so I don't really agree with that. Also a good game plan can unnerve a team like Arsenal, much like Bolton did to Manchester United - they stuffed their game plan and came away with the points. I like Villa, I do, but Arsenal have that extra quality in my eyes.

And Andy Gray is apparently a God send because he predicted Tottenham would concede :o

Given that the 4th official is Uriah Rennie, that wouldn't be a surprised if he told Dowd to send off Keane.

Poor refereeing has made the game like it is, but both teams deserve their second goals.

A game plan which resulted in Arsenal only have 2 shots for an entire 45 minute period. Which infuriated Wenger.

I'm happy with that.

Precisely, it was a superb performance by us.