Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had a goal ruled offside when it clearly wasn't and then we don't get a pen for what was clearly a pen. Conspiracy? No, just shite reffing again. Dowd is a twat, always has been a twat

19 - Disallowed:: Bentley plays the ball forward for Santa Cruz, who turns Zat Knight before laying the ball off to McCarthy. He bends the ball around Carson inside the far post but the flag goes up for offside. A close call but McCarthy looked just level
Edited by cmb211087

Exactly, and youu guys should have just had a penalty then, but no, not given, shit ref

Haha, another offside not given and you score off it, fantastic :D

Were Blackburn the most hard-done-by side ever tonight or something?

...It must have either been because of that, or shit defending when it counted.

• Admin

Villa played well, so no complaints about the win for them - but they didn't warrant a 4-0 win, though football is like that sometimes :shrugs:

My only gripe is Nelsen being sent off for a shirt pull?!!!!

But it's well established Dowd hates us, so shouldn't be surprised.

But props to Carson, who I thought was great tonight. Barry too.

Edited by R.W.

Nelson was sent off for the kick, not the pull. It wasn't an intentional kick - he went for the ball, but he kicked Gaby and then pulled him down. A yellow and a penalty - yeah. But a red? Nope.

And lols @ complaining at the ref. My turn? We should have had another penalty, in my opinion. Lest not forget Barry wasn't offside, and was clean through with support behind him. The ref didn't favour Villa, Bouma's handball was never a penalty, he misjudged a header, the ball bounced up off the ground onto his shoulder - it seemed. No worse than Samba pulling down Young. ; ]

Barry is immense. Outside of Gerrard, there is no better English midfielder. Carson was fantastic. Even Petrov was on form, showed some good touches.

Going to Ewood and getting a 4 - nil victory is amazing, and we're on great form and we're playing like kings.

Newcastle fans vicious - Barton

Joey Barton has launched a scathing attack on Newcastle fans, branding them "vicious" for the abuse meted out to boss Sam Allardyce and the players.

The midfielder's comments come on the back of his side's 3-0 home defeat by Liverpool that saw Allardyce jeered by a section of the St James' Park crowd.

"I've not yet seen the famous crowd I was expecting to hear get behind us," said the £5m signing.

"Instead it has been vicious; I don't think I've heard a crowd that vicious."

Newcastle have picked up just one point from 12 - a statistic that has seen them slip down the table to 11th following a good start to the season.

Barton, who joined from Manchester City in the summer, said the supporters need to begin backing the players and the manager.

"Last Saturday I was sitting on the bench - and after 20 minutes I had picked up on it. It shocked me," added the 25-year-old.

"The fans want success and they want it straight away, but unless they change that mentality and start supporting the side through poor results then things won't change."

"Unless there's a massive change, it's going to be the same for this manager, the next manager and whoever comes in after that.

"If it continues, when the manager goes for players, they will go somewhere else rather than jump in the frying pan.

"Sam's a good manager. He's getting the brunt of the criticism but doesn't deserve it. Not many managers can turn a club round in five minutes."

Barton's comments prompted an angry response from Frank Gilmour, chairman of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters' Association.

"If (Barton) says we don't have the right to criticise, then he wants to learn," said Gilmour.

"He obviously knows nothing about the north east and its passion for football.

"That performance was from a clueless manager who did not know what he was doing, that was the fans' opinion.

"For (Barton) to come out and say that, he has lost it. He has been at the club five minutes and hasn't put in a good performance yet.

"For him to then turn around and criticise the fans is totally wrong. He should have kept his mouth shut.

"He will learn what happens after you criticise Newcastle fans. It takes a long, long time for us to forgive. I would be very, very surprised if he doesn't get a reaction at Blackburn today."

Allardyce's future at Newcastle was under scrutiny following the defeat against Liverpool, with some newspapers suggesting he has two more games to save himself from the managerial axe.

Asked last week whether he had to seek assurances from chairman Chris Mort and owner Mike Ashley, he said: "No, no, not at all, no. Why should I do that?

"Just because somebody writes it in the papers, I should not be be ringing or chasing the chairman or the owner to seek assurances over my position.

"My position is safe if I get results; my position is not safe if I lose football matches. It has never been any different anywhere else, not here, not at Bolton, not anywhere.

"I would not have lasted eight years at Bolton if I did not get results, so it is no different anywhere you go."