Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna rant about the referee, even though he was dire (for both sides), because all i'll get in response "OMG MAN UNITEDZ BIAS LOLZ11!!" from the blatant United haters. Bias? Irony? K.

What I will say, is that it was a penalty... handball, contentious but i'd have been screaming for it if it was at the other end. And it was also a penalty against Ballack on Ronaldo, if you're not watching the ball like that it's a penalty.

As for the result, meh... I still don't think Chelsea will beat Newcastle and I still don't see us slipping up, so not the end of the world. I just hope Ferguson forgets about tinkering with the side. Maximum 4 games left of the season... do players really need a rest? Can they not manage 4 games for their 70 grand a week?

If teams get a fair few chances and don't take one of them, I don't feel sorry for them. Having most of the play and best attacks and you still can't score, don't cry when the other team goes up the other end and takes one of the very few shots they get. Still, not having James in net mustn't be helping Pompey.

Shut the fucker up when we did the same shit back to him in October, with our own bells. Still annoyed the hell out of me mind. All I could hear on sky sports during the match was that fucking bell!! And Santa Cruz, £3.5m and 21 goals, that's just awesome. Just hope next season he doesn't get Benni McCarthy syndrome

Ronaldo wins PFA Player of the Season

Fabregas wins PFA Young Player of the Season

PFA Team of the Season:

James, Sagna, Vidic, Ferdinand, Clichy, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Fabregas, Young, Adebayor, Torres

Seems pretty fair to me. I'm glad to see Young get recognition, and Clichy ahead of Evra because he's been outstanding.

Do Liverpool fans thing Gerrard should be there?

Just wondering, as at times he has been good, but at times he has dissapeared for the most part.

He's not even been our best midfielder, and like you said, he's had yet another on-again off-again season.

I guess a lot of people go on who they consider the 'best' as a whole, rather than who has had the better season.

As stated above, it was good to see Young get some recognition.