Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing to Liverpool, I guess is a respectable way to leave the title race completely. Sure, not liked and Arsenal will probably have expected to win that.

But drawing with Wigan thanks to Emile Heskey scoring. One thing worse than that and that's Titus Bramble scoring it.

Emile Heskey will get the greatest applause the next time he is at Old Trafford.

As will Steve Bruce.

I loved that result. Sure, the race isn't over but it does make it very unlikely that we will be beaten. :)

Yeah, great result last night that was.

Not so much that Wigan got something, but more to do with the fact that I can see Everton taking a point off of them on Thursday as well, meaning victory against Blackburn on Saturday (for Utd) will all but seal it.

Wigan's point last night was an added bonus I wasn't expecting. It's kind of "evened out" now in that Boro took an unexpected point off us last week.

EDIT: How great would it be to win the title at the Bridge on the 26th? If Everton get something from Chelsea and we beat Blackburn, we'll only need to draw away at Chelsea to confirm it. :w00t:

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

Winning at Blackburn and Chelsea will win us the title... :) Regardless of what happens with Everton on Thursday :)

I'd love to look at it like that, and will if Everton fail to get anything on Thursday night. >_>

Just with Chelsea being the bastards they are at home, Everton getting a point at Goodison seems more likely than us getting all three at Stamford Bridge.

Arjen Robben... where is he?

EDIT: nevermind, just remembered he went to Real.

Yeah, he is a bit of a forgotten player these days. I actually remember watching a Real game a few weeks back and Robben came off the bench, and the commentator talked about how he'd had a "torrid time with injury" as of late.

...Nothing changes, then.

I knew that West Ham would still find a way to concede at home to Derby. Fucking bastards screwing up my Fantasy Football scoring.

Oh well. Now for Man United to beat Blackburn and take one step further to winning the title at the Bridge and my weekend will be fucking perfect. <_<

Edited by stokeriño

Not enjoying this. One minute we're safe, the next we're not.

I'm not too sure how likely we are to get something out of Newcastle, especially away but we'll see. A win at Boro and/or Bolton will probably see us safe, and I think we can possibly take a point against Arsenal since they have nothing to play for and will probably field their reserves. So I envisage anywhere from 4 to 10 points for us, which should be more than enough for us to stay up.

Seems when it all seems decided. It all gets flipped up in the air again. A Villa win would be great, and if we beat Newcastle we'll fly right up the table.