Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, nothing the FA push will ever work because they have no backbone to back it up. Then it all gets misconstrued by every single person in the world. To some the 'protecting the goalkeeper' that was implemented thanks to Fergie can mean, you're not allowed to hassle the 'keeper, or you're not allowed to impede their area, or in some extreme cases. Jumping in the penalty area while the goalkeeper does is completely and utterly forbidden.

Plus look at the teams involved. Any of the big teams generally get away with whatever they like anyways.

Edited by IAceI

Oh I love the referees. Just a few minutes before the ball hit Drogba's hand twice in United's penalty box, and I hear no whistle. Now that it MIGHT'VE hit Carrick's hand, they whistle a penalty for those lucky fuckers. Whoope-fuckin'-doo.

So why exactly was our future England captain picked for being a role model on and off the pitch crying at the referee like a little girl?

I was switching over from Sky Sports news and the match - more frequently late on so I may have missed so key moments. But, yeah, why was Ferdinand so upset?

Oh I love the referees. Just a few minutes before the ball hit Drogba's hand twice in United's penalty box, and I hear no whistle. Now that it MIGHT'VE hit Carrick's hand, they whistle a penalty for those lucky fuckers. Whoope-fuckin'-doo.

Rubbish. It hit Drogba's hand after bouncing off Brown's from about three inches away. It hit Carrick's (clearly) after Essien had crossed it from five or six feet. Definite penalty.

So why exactly was our future England captain picked for being a role model on and off the pitch crying at the referee like a little girl?

I was switching over from Sky Sports news and the match - more frequently late on so I may have missed so key moments. But, yeah, why was Ferdinand so upset?

Makelele (or however the hell you spell it) dived in his own box to get a free kick, RIGHT in front of the ref, who fell for it.

A player dived? Really? In football? Why the hell are players still getting upset about that, surely they should be used to it?

Anyways, Man Utd are still very much in the driving seat and deserve to win the title mores so. But it's always nice to see it get frantic towards the end rather than being all decided well in advance. Still, I want Man Utd to win the Champions League, so I don't really wanna see them win the league as much as.

But as long as it's not Barca - that's the main thing.

Because the referee was utter shite all day. Even the United goal wasn't a Chelsea free kick in the first place, plus the Carrick penalty was still bollocks in my eyes, most of them ones are. I understand when somebody prevents the other team from a clear cut chance, but it seemed United had it covered beyond Carrick, not to mention it's near on impossible to move your hand when the balls flying at you with speed. Not just that penalty, but all the ones like that I don't agree with.

And Ferguson nearly has himself to blame. No Ronaldo? No Tevez? And you bring on John O'Shit? Yeah, it's Barcelona on Tuesday, but this tie could have won the entire Premiership, so stop playing fucking safe and take a risk for once.

You thought it was bollocks? Colour me surprised.

Like I said, I'm not on about just that penalty, I'm on about all of them that are like that. I understand it's handball and all, but it didn't seem deliberate, not to mention it's hard moving out of the way from a ball that's speeding at you. Even if it went to United, I'd still say the same. And it's stuff like this that I still feel needs to be sorted out properly.

Bad referee decision or not it would not require a change in the rules because of an individuals judgement.

The referee saw it was a penalty? from his perspective it very well could have been given that he'd see the ball change direction as soon as it hit his arm. Sure the fans would probably have influenced his decision by screaming at the ref but take that to Old Trafford and the result would be the same