Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wanna sound like a grumpy old man but does anyone else feel this "GRANDSLAM SUNDAY" malarkey Sky have been pushing for the past few years is pathetic. It's as if they're trying to Americanize it.

The games are usually boring.

Before the game, Andy Gray (along with everyone else at Sky) do their best to big the games up, like they're going to be brilliant. Once they kick-off, and the game isn't really living up to expectations, (as most people knew they wouldn't) Gray comes out with stuff like "well, you know both sides would love to take a draw here at whatever stage of the season. Get this one over with, and then back to business with the other games."

I know it wouldn't be the case this season with Liverpool needing to get 4th, and Chelsea catching United/Arsenal up, but he'd still come out with something like that.

I know they're always boring, my problem lies with Sky throwing the tag of "Grand Slam Sunday" onto it as if it's the Superbowl or something. They'll all cancel eachother out and we'll be given the excuse that all the managers are "tactical estute". Or on the other hand, Liverpool will be all over United until they get a 90th minute corner and one of the center backs will get a tap in after a scramble for a 1-0 win.

Just did the predictor.

untitled.jpg

And ended up with that. As a Man U fan I'm a little surprised that I picked us to only win by goal difference, although I think we will drop some points around the league before the season end.

Also, I think I went mad with my West Ham love. :shifty:

EDIT: I think I forgot a score between West Ham and Portsmouth <_<

Edited by FDwight McCarthy

Same old Chelsea...

If Keane was yellow'd for dissent, shouldn't have Cole received a yellow for the tackle AND one for dissent? He went way over the top whilst Keane just said a few words (though I guess it does depend on what Keane said).

Have I got this right? Spurs, Villa and Chelsea have all had two 4-4 draws this season. Spurs have drawn 4-4 with Villa & Chelsea, Villa have drawn 4-4 with Spurs & Chelsea, Chelsea have drawn 4-4 with Villa & Spurs? If that's right, we have the most entertaining triangle in football >_>

You've heard it here first - Keegan's first Newcastle victory will be on 20th April when Newcastle beat Sunderland 3-2.

predictor.jpg

Very entertaining - I did it all in one go so didn't see the table until I'd completed the fixtures.

So what does this table mean?

Firstly as a fan I only see Spurs losing one more game in a very nice last eight games - last day at home to Liverpool.

Derby continue to fail but the gap between eleventh place West Ham and twelfth Reading is massive which just goes to show how open the relegation battle has been this year, with one point spread between the six above relegation.

Middlesbrough avoid relegation last game of the season with a battling home victory against faltering Man City.

Birmingham also avoid final day relegation as Bolton run into Chelsea who nick second place at the last minute from Arsenal who go and draw away at Sunderland.

Everton, Pompey and Villa continue to do well, Man City and Blackburn show off their usual end of season slump, Spurs show off their usual end of season charge and West Ham are West Ham, winning some, losing some, and getting a point away at Man Utd. Interestingly in my table Spurs get fewer points than in FD's but finish higher.

Liverpool's good run continues, Man Utd just don't really slip up with more than a draw (all their tough games seem to be at home), Chelsea fight to the end and Arsenal perform similarly to Chelsea but end up drawing a couple as the end of season takes it's toll on their team who make it to the Champions League semis.

The equipment of Liverpool will play the cockmunch ones of Manchester in the match of big ones. English satellite of televisual Sky has been called match "Super Hyper Mega Sunday Soccer Special Ultimate Match".

Rafa Benitez, chief engineer of the Liverpool equipment expects to paste rotten willies of Manchester. His saying to our reporter, "We'll fookin' 'ave 'em, la. No?" After mucho criticism by fans and paper leeches for rotational policy, Mr Benitez now keeps same equipment in park. Our reviewman, gives his scat on the likely player equipments:

Liverpool:

Reina - Best at holding of the balls in the world.

Arbeloa - Right posterior. Espanish anorexic type.

Carra - Central posterior. Inflicted with speech problem of scouse.

Skrtel - This quick, central posterior appeared on X-Files as alien hunter of bounties.

Aurelio - Left posterior. Has a Brazilian.

Mascherano - Destructor medio. Has nice tackle which he shows often.

Alonso - Ballerina medio. Missed latest match due to making babies.

Kuyt - Spare equipment. Our reviewman has not know what this player does.

Gerrard - Attack centre. Despite miserable face, can create many dangers up the middle.

Babel - Left attack. Is receiver of monkey chants in Spain - ha ha

Towers - Streaker. Is ability to play up the front and get in the behind of posteriors. He can give goals with his left, his right or give head.

Manchester:

Kuscack - Not much has been seen of him as Van Der Sar usually holds the balls of Manchester United.

Fletcher - Spare equipment. Mother was raped by bulldozer.

Ferdinand - Central posterior. Mother was raped by turtle.

Vidic - Central posterior. Hold record for least hated player of Manchester equipment. Mother was raped by a cat.

Evra - Left posterior. Father was raped by a goat.

Giggs - Left/Right attack. Raped sheep.

Anderson - Centre medio. Mother was raped by a horse. Van Nistelrooy denied.

Scholes - Medio. Poorly affected by ginger. Mother was not raped - she was also sufferer of ginger.

Carrick - Medio waster. Mother raped by a Geordie one.

F.Ronaldo - Attack annoyance. Had transplant of woman sex part onto his face.

Rooney - Attack centre. Paid to rape the elderly ones.

The equipment of Liverpool will play the cockmunch ones of Manchester in the match of big ones. English satellite of televisual Sky has been called match "Super Hyper Mega Sunday Soccer Special Ultimate Match".

Rafa Benitez, chief engineer of the Liverpool equipment expects to paste rotten willies of Manchester. His saying to our reporter, "We'll fookin' 'ave 'em, la. No?" After mucho criticism by fans and paper leeches for rotational policy, Mr Benitez now keeps same equipment in park. Our reviewman, gives his scat on the likely player equipments:

Liverpool:

Reina - Best at holding of the balls in the world.

Arbeloa - Right posterior. Espanish anorexic type.

Carra - Central posterior. Inflicted with speech problem of scouse.

Skrtel - This quick, central posterior appeared on X-Files as alien hunter of bounties.

Aurelio - Left posterior. Has a Brazilian.

Mascherano - Destructor medio. Has nice tackle which he shows often.

Alonso - Ballerina medio. Missed latest match due to making babies.

Kuyt - Spare equipment. Our reviewman has not know what this player does.

Gerrard - Attack centre. Despite miserable face, can create many dangers up the middle.

Babel - Left attack. Is receiver of monkey chants in Spain - ha ha

Towers - Streaker. Is ability to play up the front and get in the behind of posteriors. He can give goals with his left, his right or give head.

Manchester:

Kuscack - Not much has been seen of him as Van Der Sar usually holds the balls of Manchester United.

Fletcher - Spare equipment. Mother was raped by bulldozer.

Ferdinand - Central posterior. Mother was raped by turtle.

Vidic - Central posterior. Hold record for least hated player of Manchester equipment. Mother was raped by a cat.

Evra - Left posterior. Father was raped by a goat.

Giggs - Left/Right attack. Raped sheep.

Anderson - Centre medio. Mother was raped by a horse. Van Nistelrooy denied.

Scholes - Medio. Poorly affected by ginger. Mother was not raped - she was also sufferer of ginger.

Carrick - Medio waster. Mother raped by a Geordie one.

F.Ronaldo - Attack annoyance. Had transplant of woman sex part onto his face.

Rooney - Attack centre. Paid to rape the elderly ones.

:lmao:

I hurt myself laughing.