Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

We haven't got an official England thread have we? Might as well post this in here. Agbonlahor has not been named in the U21 team, surely a sign that he's been called up to the senior squad? Aaron Lennon is in the U21 side, along with Jamie O'Hara & Tom Huddlestone from Spurs.

I'm happy with the squad, picked on merit and it's good to hear about a closer working relationship between the senior and U21 teams. Looking forwards to seeing Hart and Wheater eventually being picked.

Bit baffled as to how Rob Green wasn't picked though.

Tough to say which way momentum has swung today at the top. It would be obvious to say Arsenal thanks to their result at Man City but Utd grabbing a point in the last minute just feels like the momentum goes back to them a bit like the win away at Fulham last year where it looked like they had fucked up. A point in the dying minute against what is an improving Spurs team is a good result.

In fact all 3 challengers got good results from tough games although perhaps Arsenal had it slightly easier against a Man City team that has fallen off form may have been a different story if they played them away say a month ago but City just seem to be a little short of form at the moment. Chelsea got a tough point against Pompey and United literally salvaged a point with the last kick.

Also interesting battle down at the bottom, big win for Wigan against West Ham and Reading look like they're in trouble now to be honest. Should have been in the bottom 3 if Brum had properly finished off Derby.

We dominated Utd today and deserved to win.

Bloody Utd <_<

That you did.

Juande will probably be well pissed off with whoever it was that lost Tevez to score what was a tame goal. That's putting it mildly. Still, I thought Spurs would win today, so a 1-1 draw will do nicely.

Gerrard's goal will gloss over a shite performance, all he did was sulk for 90 minutes and have a whinge whenever another player dared to pass to someone else. No doubt he'll be given Man of the Match by every paper tomorrow though.

Edited by therockbox

in fairness carra skinned danny collins..

and collins skinned carra most of the time

worst performance ive seen from sunderland in a long time there. i was wondering whether crouch was initially offside when the goal was scored, since a shot kind of hit him - i wasnt sure whether he was onside, but since setanta failed to show it again, i'll assume he was onside.

gordon was poor on torres shot after doing decent before hand, cant let someone hit that far down the middle and get away with it, should be forcing 20m plus players to do some skill.

and i didnt think it was a penalty, it thought nosworthy won the ball - although i had a few pints flowing through me at this point. but if thats a penalty, i want a penalty for the handball.

not surprising to see us so poor, we never do well against the bigger teams - but we'll just have to hope that we do enough otherwise to stay up.