Soccer Games

Maxx

Right so I know generally very little about soccer, or football, as most of you here call it.

For some reason however, I decided to buy a soccer/football game.

Now what I do know is that there are basically 2 franchises in the soccer gaming world, EA's FIFA and Konami's Winning Eleven.

After a trip to my local gamestore, I came back with:

FIFA 07 for Xbox

Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 for Xbox 360

After store credit, the whole purchase cost me about $28.

So, did I do well? Or should I have not even bothered and stuck with the football that involves helmets?

Well you got two good games there and the latest ones too (Y)

Play FIFA if you want real name, real players as some of PES' are made up or changed for licensing. Never played FIFA 07 before, so don't know what it's like but PES is good fun. You'll probably learn and understand more of the game this way, this is how I learned about NHL, NBA and NFL and I love my NFL now. You'll probably learn a good deal about the game like this.

So just stick one in the X-Box and get playing and have some fun (Y)

So, did I do well? Or should I have not even bothered and stuck with the football that involves helmets?

Never say that again! :@

Both games are very good but you will find yourself falling for one or the other with those games. The majority tend to go for PES on here but I think you picked two games that will give you a good grounding.

I love playing the FIFA games, despite knowing little about the sport. And Winning Eleven is great to play, especially after playing FIFA for awhile. The amount of stuff you can do in Winning Eleven is awesome.

Well after a few days, I've learned I much perfer FIFA as its just easier to play for someone like me who knows nothing about soccer. Plus its got all the leagues and clubs and such.

Can't really get into PES and I'll probably end up returing it. I did just buy FIFA World Cup 2006 off Amazon though, and I hope I enjoy that as much as I do FIFA 07

Well, I'm using the control scheme that is almost identical to PES, as PES is what I happened to play first, so I got used to those controls.

I find it easier cause I have no idea about soccer and just enjoy FIFA more.