I Believe In Harvey Dent!

TGC

Awesome, I get to be contrary again.

So. Um. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt until I actually see Heath Ledger playing the Joker, but... yeah. When I see a picture of the Joker I really, REALLY don't want to be reminded of Slipknot first and foremost. I see what they're going for but this is why, as someone who reads comics entirely too much, I heavily doubt I'm going to get a Joker I could enjoy either way; either it would feel right as the Joker but at the same time wrong in comparison to the tone of the rest of the movie, or it would fit the movie perfectly but still feel wrong as the character itself.

I will say, though, that this is a fantastic marketing stunt and on THAT level I'm excited for the movie. And Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face has a lot of potential.

Awesome, I get to be contrary again.

So. Um. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt until I actually see Heath Ledger playing the Joker, but... yeah. When I see a picture of the Joker I really, REALLY don't want to be reminded of Slipknot first and foremost. I see what they're going for but this is why, as someone who reads comics entirely too much, I heavily doubt I'm going to get a Joker I could enjoy either way; either it would feel right as the Joker but at the same time wrong in comparison to the tone of the rest of the movie, or it would fit the movie perfectly but still feel wrong as the character itself.

I'm a fan of the picture. Certainly it'd be better if he was smiling or if we could see his eyes, but hey I'm just happy we've got something. Looks creepy and realistic.

That being said, I still think they could have easily done something like this

http://www.evilology.net/uploaded/joker2ge1nx.jpg

Doctored fan pic that showed up right after Begins came out. In my view its an absolutely perfect representation of what a realistic, not over the top Joker could look like. Plus it would have been easy to replicate, considering thats a picture from The Man Who Laughs, a movie made in the 1920's. Something like that probably wouldn't have upset the fan boys as much.

I'm happy with a much darker take on the Joker, as thats what he deserves and from the Ledger pic, it looks like thats what Nolan has cooked up

That is probably the most terrifying thing I've seen related to any comic book film, ever.

I can see it polarizing purists, but I think it's absolutely brilliant. It fits Nolan's view of making everything realistic, so I'm thrilled with it. As for people hating on Ledger, I know he's the gay cowboy and all, but he is a good actor, so I'm not particularly worried. Granted, he's never done anything quite like this before so it will be hard to say until we see it. That said, I have tons of faith in casting decisions regarding this franchise since just about everything has been perfect so far and the only misstep (Katie Holmes) has been fixed (via Maggie Gyllenhaal).

That is probably the most terrifying thing I've seen related to any comic book film, ever.

I can see it polarizing purists, but I think it's absolutely brilliant. It fits Nolan's view of making everything realistic, so I'm thrilled with it. As for people hating on Ledger, I know he's the gay cowboy and all, but he is a good actor, so I'm not particularly worried. Granted, he's never done anything quite like this before so it will be hard to say until we see it. That said, I have tons of faith in casting decisions regarding this franchise since just about everything has been perfect so far and the only misstep (Katie Holmes) has been fixed (via Maggie Gyllenhaal).

God yes, I always say, BB was perhaps the perfect costumed hero film if not for Katie Holmes, seriously, she was that bad that I have to skip every scene with her on the DVD.

Heath Ledger will be good as the Joker because he was given The Killing Joke to refer to for his character. He's a skilled actor, everyone knows that. And since he's been given the best, in my opintion, portrayal of the Joker to base his peformance off of I have nothing but faith.

Total Film.com is claiming that picture is a fake, simply because the site is a proxy and not registered by Warner Bros, like Ibelieveinharveydent.com is. They're ignoring the fact that it was registered 3 days before Warner's Dent site went up. Also they seem to think Warner Bros wouldn't waste their time setting up a proxy site to keep their involvement secret.

They also ignore that the the level of detail in the picture is fairly hard to duplicate in photoshop. And you'd have to acquire a full head shot of Heath Ledger to do so. I'd like to see them try and reproduce this allegedly fake picture

The second site now says "Page Not Found", but if you highlight it then you'll see a bunch of "HaHaHa's" down the page with an encrypted message reading "See You In December."

Also, news reports say that Anthony Michael Hall has signed up for a role in The Dark Knight, and according to him he's in throughout the whole movie.

They haven't even promised a trailer or anything like that. Hell, I'd even settle for something similar to this.

I think all the signs pretty much point to at least a teaser trailer for the movie by that time.

• 4 weeks later...