The 2007/2008 Fall Television Season

TGC

Which actually proves my point. The All Stars version dropped in the ratings from the previous one. Same thing happened to Jericho. Went from a mega hit to a ratings disaster after the winter break, Of course Jericho was up against the AI juggernaught. TAR was up against nothing on Sunday nights, and still managed to lose ground. However, I think a part of that was the not so good All Stars thing. I know that I quit watching when Rob and Ambuh lost, as none of the remaining teams did anything for me at all. Plus you had the bitch and her midget cousin, the two most annoying people on the face of the planet ever.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say what I said months ago: I liked Moonlight the first time, when it was called Angel.

And words can't describe how disappointed I am that Moonlight doesn't star Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd.

There was a zombie show? I'm angry now. Anyways, I can't say anything about these shows until I see a preview. Things might sound good, but then you check it out and are disappointed.

KID NATION, a reality series where 40 kids will try to build a new society in an abandoned ghost town.
Edited by Hellfire

I love how CBS is trying to branch into "edgy" TV. A show about swingers on any network, much less CBS, is going to come off as silly. The musical murder mystery is a show I must admit I'll be front and center for. I'll even give Moonlight a chance, even though what Zero said is right on the money. Cane sounds like an overblown vanity piece too heavy handed to work on modern network TV. The Big Bang Theory sounds like a horrendous comedy, although I guess you never know with sitcoms. And... that's it? I mean even NBC ordered more new programming than that. And furthermore, if you're going on 3 dramas and 1 comedy, can't you do better than this? I know CBS needs to do the least to improve itself ratings wise, but I mean if Cane is the best they can do why not give Jericho another look? I really don't care about CBS so this doesn't matter much, but wow, at some point the tides are bound to turn and just tip this giant over.

Is it just me or does Kid Nation sound like it would be way cooler if it wasn't a reality show? A scripted show about a bunch of kids in a ghost town? That would be awesome, very Lord of the Flies-ish as Hellfire said. Do a mystery to find out how they got there, what the history of the town is, and interlace with their parents frantically searching for them. Imagine Lost meets Silent Hill.

It would only be great if there was a fat kid named Piggy and they crush him with a rock.

OMG spoilers!

CBS is just a bizarre network. I shouldn't be surprised, considering Viacom owns them and they definitely take the Viacom approach to everything - play it safe. They have their CSI juggernaut, but then they see NBC gets a huge break out Sci-Fi hit with Heroes and then they need to have some of those. They have come a long way from the Walker Texas Ranger network though...

Here is NBC's schedule for 2007-08 (all times Eastern, new shows in bold)

Monday

8 p.m. "Deal or No Deal"

9 p.m. "Heroes"

10 p.m. "Journeyman"

Tuesday

8 p.m. "The Biggest Loser"

9 p.m. "Chuck"

10 p.m. "Law & Order: SVU"

Wednesday

8 p.m. "Deal or No Deal"

9 p.m. "Bionic Woman"

10 p.m. "Life"

Thursday

8 p.m. "My Name Is Earl"

8:30 p.m. "30 Rock" (new timeslot)

9 p.m. "The Office" (new timeslot)

9:30 p.m. "Scrubs"

10 p.m. "ER"

Friday

8 p.m. "1 vs. 100"/"The Singing Bee"

9 p.m. "Las Vegas"

10 p.m. "Friday Night Lights" (new timeslot)

Saturday

8 p.m. "Dateline"

9 p.m. Drama repeat

10 p.m. Drama repeat

Sunday (fall)

7 p.m. "Football Night in America"

8 p.m. "Sunday Night Football"

Sunday (January 2008)

7 p.m. "Dateline"

8 p.m. "Law & Order" (new timeslot)

9 p.m. "Medium" (new timeslot)

10 p.m. "Lipstick Jungle"

Edited by Thomas

Dammit... The Office is going to get crushed by CSI :(

I'd be more worried with Grey's taking its viewers, since people are more likely to download the Office than Grey's. Scrubs especially, should be a concern....with another doctor show scheduled directly against it. I know that's how it is this season, but I had hoped that they would try and maneuver it out of that line of fire next season.

Fizzy, Fules of E is a typo they made apparently. It's Rules Of Engagement, the midseason comedy with David Spade and Puddy that I kept telling you to watch.

Edited by Stone Cold TGC

I just watched trailers/snippets for Eli Stone, Moonlight, and Viva Laughlin at zap2it, and I ahve to say that each impressed me. Eli Stone just became my most anticipated midseason replacement series by far. I have faith :lmao: that this will be a great show. Moonlight just walked out of the Angel shadow it had been in since I first heard about it late last year. It looks good. Very very good. And Viva Laughlin still looks like shit, but amusing, intriguing, almost must see tv shit.