The 2007/2008 Fall Television Season

TGC

Yeah, I've read that on a few other sites. And I just watched this Wednesday episode a few minutes ago, and they're working very slowly on wrapping things up, so I'm not sure how it's going to work seeing as CW ordered two less episodes for the end of season then there was supposed to be.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, mass confusion about "Veronica Mars". Dawn Ostroff was apparently dodging the issue at the post presentation press conference. She said that they were in discussions with Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell for something, not necessarily VM or non-VM related. The deadline for that being June 15. However, Rob Thomas said she's full of shit, that the writers were signing deals elsewhere, the offices were closing and Kristen Bell would be out of her contract in a few weeks.
Edited by Psicosis

07grid.jpg

So the only thing the CW can give us that I have any desire to see is Reaper, and they manage to put it in the worst timeslot available? Smart.

Now that it is all said and done, the fall slate of new shows is a bunch of crap. Every network had a chance to try a ton of new shit, and with the exception of NBC who are trying a bunch of all over the place stuff, every network failed. Damn shame.

Yeah, but if they're moving OTH up about four years and holding it off until February... needless to say that's fucked too.

UPN, WB, and CW are all pretty pointless networks that are run like absolute shit. It comes as no surprise with what they do and what they air that they place somewhere between Univision and whatever Pax/i calls itself now.

Yeah, but if they're moving OTH up about four years and holding it off until February... needless to say that's fucked too.

UPN, WB, and CW are all pretty pointless networks that are run like absolute shit. It comes as no surprise with what they do and what they air that they place somewhere between Univision and whatever Pax/i calls itself now.

Okay, so remember how NBC in the past two years has debuted wonderful shows like Black Donnellys, Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip, The Office, Raines, My Name Is Earl, 30 Rock, Heroes and the critically beloved Friday Night Lights while the other 4 networks fell back on shitty reality shows and redundant dramas? Well the guy who's responsible for all that... is out. According to Nikki Finke and a few other sources, Kevin Reilly is going to be replaced as President of Entertainment of NBC by Ben Silverman, the mind behind Ugly Betty and The Biggest Loser. Honestly. Well he was also behind the U.S. version of The Office in a sense, but I'd suggest Jeff Zucker's hard on for Britcoms and the fine creative work of Greg Daniels more to do with that. Variety reports that people close to the situation have denied the rumours, but the truth is that rumours have been swarming about a change up top for months. Because really, somebody has to pay and it can't be Zucker, who tanked the network in the first place. If you've dug the shows coming out of this network for the past few years don't get used to it.

'Angel' Vet Runs CBS' 'Moonlight'

Greenwalt will take the reins of the currently recasting drama

Zap2It.com

June 1 2007

David Greenwalt knows a few things about vampires who, um, moonlight as private investigators.

The co-creator of The WB's "Angel" has been recruited to serve as executive producer/showrunner on CBS' more-than-slightly-similar fall drama "Moonlight," boosting that drama's bloodsucking bona fides in the fan communities.

Greenwalt will have the chance to help "Moonlight" as it undergoes a little retooling from the original presentation that prompted the network to give it a 9 p.m. Friday home. Leading mortal lady Shannon Lucio is already being recast and The Hollywood Reporter speculates that other casting changes are possible.

"Moonlight" focuses on an undead private investigator (Alex O'Loughlin) fighting various supernatural forces while also battling very human crime. He's joined by his former bride and vamp sire (Amber Valletta) and his vampire mentor (Rade Serbedzija). The vampire P.I. also has a budding romance with a living newswoman (Lucio in the presentation).

Greenwalt spent the first part of last season as a showrunner on NBC's shortlived "Kidnapped." A former writer-producer on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," Greenwalt's other showrunning credits include cult favorites "Jake 2.0" and "Miracles."

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of AICN:

The NBC Monday, Tuesday and Friday night schedules announced by ex-entertainment head Kevin Reilly two months ago? Forget them. New schedules were announced this morning by incoming entertainment chiefs Ben Silverman and Marc Graboff.

Notable changes:

* “Chuck,” the hot new sci-fi secret-agent hourlong from “OC” mastermind Josh Schwartz, has been moved to Mondays at 8 p.m., where it will serve as lead-in to “Heroes” and the surprisingly good freshman time-travel saga “Journeyman.”

This essentially turns NBC’s Monday into an all-sci-fi night.

* “Chuck” takes over the slot held by “Deal or No Deal.” “Deal” now replaces “1 Vs. 100” on Fridays. “1 Vs. 100” appears to be off NBC’s fall schedule for the time being.

* “The Singing Bee,” meanwhile, has joined the fall schedule, where it will be paired with 90-minute editions of “The Biggest Loser” on Tuesdays.

* “Friday Night Lights” will be on one hour earlier (9 p.m. Friday), thanks to swapping slots with “Las Vegas,” which moves to 10 p.m. Friday.

NBC’s fall premiere dates:

SEPTEMBER 11

"The Biggest Loser" (8-10 p.m.)

SEPTEMBER 17

"Deal or No Deal" (8-9 p.m.)

SEPTEMBER 24

"CHUCK" (8-9 p.m.)

"Heroes" (9-10 p.m.)

"JOURNEYMAN" (10-11 p.m.)

SEPTEMBER 25

"The Singing Bee" (9:30-10 p.m.)

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (10-11 p.m.)

SEPTEMBER 26

"Deal or No Deal" (8-9 p.m.; marks Wednesday debut)

"BIONIC WOMAN" (9-10 p.m.)

"LIFE" (10-11 p.m.)

SEPTEMBER 27

"My Name Is Earl" (8-9 p.m.)

"The Office" (9-10 p.m.)

"ER" (10-11 p.m.)

SEPTEMBER 28

"Deal or No Deal" (moves to new day, 8-9 p.m.)

"Las Vegas" (9-11 p.m.)

OCTOBER 4

"30 Rock" (8-8:30 p.m.)

OCTOBER 5

"Friday Night Lights" (9-10 p.m.)

OCTOBER 25

"Scrubs" (9:30-10 p.m.)

I don't know if anyone watches it, but this is kind of big news:

According to reports, Mandy Patankin is leaving Criminal Minds. He's supposed to have one episode for his character's exit and after that, he is gone for good.

:crying: That sucks, his character was the best one on the show. Any reason for him leaving?

There have been rumours of creative differences between Patinkin and the producers for a while now, so it doesn't surprise me that they say it's not a salary issue.

Some funny bits coming out of the NBC TCA too. Asked about Reilly's departure, Graboff said that Reilly wasn't fired at all, but in fact left because he felt that he'd done all he could at NBC. This produced a bigger laugh than most NBC sitcoms. Later on they were asked about hiring Isaiah Washington, Silverman actually said that he hadn't heard about Washington's controversy at "Grey's Anatomy". Seriously, who hasn't heard about that? I guess it's part of the job for NBC execs to spin more shamelessly than the rest. Like when Reilly said that Scrubs didn't make the schedule because "Zach Braff was busy", or when Don Ohlmeyer said he fired Norm MacDonald simply because he "wasn't funny".

This is about a week old now, but if you were a fan of the quality NBC pumped out in the past few weeks there might still be hope for you. Kevin Reilly, fired from 4th place NBC, has been hired to RUN 1st place FOX. FOX Chairman Peter Ligouri worked with Reilly at FX, where they produced shows like Nip/Tuck, The Shield and Rescue Me. This could be great. Now Reilly's got a mandate for quality and some monster hits to cross promote with.

Okay the first pilot leak has happened, and it's Reaper. And it ROCKS. Bret Harrison is great as always in the lead role, Tyler Labine is hilarious in support and Ray Wise is so awesome as the devil. After watching season 3 of Veronica Mars and how it went downhill, this is a more than adequate replacement. Now comes the arduous task of waiting until September for it to debut. Hopefully more leaks will sustain me, because summer TV right now is absolute dogshit.