(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

Download has been carnáge. A few bands dropping out due to sponsors was one thing but loads of technical issues and illnesses going round the backstage area. Conditions now have led to people having to leave the stage, Babymetal only got one song before the power was cut completely (appropriately enough at the line "can't stop the power"), they've been able to push people back on and trying to keep going but even for "Summer festival in the UK" it's been bad conditions.

New song from Ghost, from the Rite Here Rite Now soundtrack.

Very reminiscent of the Mary on a Cross/Kiss The Go-Goat sound late 60s sound.  I like it, its different, even for Ghost

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 2

Mushroomhead is back, and *surprise, surprise* another lineup change. Gravy is back, J-Mann left and was replaced by Scott "x" Beck.

And former vocalist Jeffrey Nothing has announced he's forming his own version of the band, which will include former members. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Metallica's Ride the Lightning is 40 years old today. I still think it's their best album.

If you want to feel old, its release is now longer ago than the end of the Second World War was then.

I slightly like it better than Master of Puppets, but the Black Album is up there, too.

The Magentamusik streams always get me through the year. Pretty much all the main stage acts through the weekend and the odd bonus from elsewhere too.

Speaking of Wacken, I wasn't sure if it should go here or in films but this trailer was launched today.

They finally found a way to get Babymetal at Wacken!