John LeCompt Fired from Evanescence - Rocky Gray Quits!

Guest tiarnantmann

Guest tiarnantman

Evanescence guitarist John LeCompt said Friday he's been fired from the band, and he also said drummer Rocky Gray has quit, so things aren't looking good for the multi-platinum, two-time Grammy winning alternative rock act, one of the biggest bands in the world -- but apparantly shrinking by the second.

"I'm done, and I'm pretty upset about it," LeCompt said, calling from Little Rock, Ark., the band's home town. "(Singer) Amy Lee called and fired me today. There's absolutely no loyalty in this band."

Evanescence, touring in support of its second major release "The Open Door," is on a short break after returning from South Africa. The group has two dates scheduled later this month before plans to tour Europe, beginning in Paris on May 25.

A phone message to the press office at Wind-Up Records in New York seeking comment was not immediately returned.

LeCompt, 34, said he and Gray, 32, plan to pour all their energy into a new band, Machina, managed by Chris Long (Crossfade). Gray wasn't available for comment.

"Machina is an incredible band -- it's rock and roll," LeCompt said.

Evanescence's first major release, "Fallen," featuring the hits "Bring Me to Life" and "My Immortal," has sold 14 millions copies worldwide, 6.6 million in the United States. It's one of eight albums in Billboard history to spend at least one year in the top 50. In 2004, the band won Grammys for Best Hard Rock Performance and Best New Artist.

The followup, "Open Door," was released in October, selling nearly 500,000 copies in the United States in its first week and debuting at No. 1 on Billboard. It's sold about four million worldwide.

This is not the first time Evanescence has had personnel problems. In 2003, guitarist and co-founder Ben Moody quit while the band was touring in Europe, replaced by Terry Balasamo from Cold. Last July, bassist Will Boyd quit, replaced by Tim McCord from Revolution Smile.

Ben needs to come back. Is he even doing anything anymore?

I actually ended up Wiki'ing him just to see how many band members have quit Evanescence thusfar. He's done a lot of big-name producing and supposedly has a solo release coming out this year.

And honestly, regarding the topic of the thread? They've already replaced every other member of that band aside from Amy Lee at least once. I doubt this is going to change all that much.

Guest tiarnantman

He's been working as a song writer for people like Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson. Plus, I think he's working on his own album.

http://www.benmoody.com/

I don't think Ben'll return any time soon. There's to much bad blood between him and Amy. She's mentioned about how she's over him and how she doesn't want to be associated with him anymore in interviews.

Yeah I love Evanescence simply for Amy's voice...and those videos were are always cool as hell. As for Ben, the only thing I've heard from him is the collab he did on The Punisher soundtrack.

Except for one track that LeCompt co-wrote ("All That I'm Living For"), Amy Lee wrote every track on "The Open Door" either on her own or with Terry Balsamo (still in the band). This changes nothing.

Edited by GoodGodWhatABeatnik

Guest tiarnantman

But what if it has a long term effect on Amy's confidence and attitude to the band? The band's already lost enough members, and John was one of the first people to play with Ben and Amy when they first started doing gigs.

But what if it has a long term effect on Amy's confidence and attitude to the band? The band's already lost enough members, and John was one of the first people to play with Ben and Amy when they first started doing gigs.

If she was the one who fired him, why would she have confidence problems?

Guest tiarnantman

I think its only a matter of time before Amy breaks out solo. At the rate the bands going, there won't be any members left, bar Amy, in a few years, so I could see Amy make a stab at becoming a singles artist.

I think its only a matter of time before Amy breaks out solo. At the rate the bands going, there won't be any members left, bar Amy, in a few years, so I could see Amy make a stab at becoming a singles artist.

Really, all 'Evanescence' needs is Amy Lee. She's the voice and the face of the band, and as far as I know, the lyricist as well. The only member I do miss is Ben Moody :( If he can be thanked for the gap in quality between Fallen and The Open Door - bring him back.

Really, all 'Evanescence' needs is Amy Lee. She's the voice and the face of the band, and as far as I know, the lyricist as well. The only member I do miss is Ben Moody :( If he can be thanked for the gap in quality between Fallen and The Open Door - bring him back.

Guest tiarnantman

Yeah, I preferred The Open Door. Fallen was great, but it just didn't leave you with the same aftertaste. Once I listened to TOD a few times, I was obsessed, and it was the only CD I listened to for months. Fallen just wasn't like that.

He's been working as a song writer for people like Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson. Plus, I think he's working on his own album.

http://www.benmoody.com/

I don't think Ben'll return any time soon. There's to much bad blood between him and Amy. She's mentioned about how she's over him and how she doesn't want to be associated with him anymore in interviews.