Best song ever?

YI

It isn't the best, by a mile. It's good yes, but I don't know why it's so revered. It's a fucking sample start, not like it took that much effort. I think it gets its fame largely for the video to be honest.

I'd have no real problem with Love Will Tear Us Apart being the ebst song. But I will just say this:

Good eye, sniper.

NOW/HERE I'LL SHOOT, YOU RUN!

Not even the best Coheed song though.

Fool.

Me and Summ got stacks of people into Co&Ca online virtually just through A Favor House Atlantic. Not sure if it's the best, but it's one of my favourites, and will be special as it's the track that got me into them. Delirium Trigger is probably their best I suppose.

I'm sure you guys used to bitch something chronic about the fact that the 'NOW/HERE' wasn't actually there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones. 'Tis true.

That's easily the best Stones song yes, and it was that much more awesome being in The Departed too. But um, best ever... not quite.

I'm slightly tempted to say "The End of the Innocence" by Don Henley, but that's a tough call as well. Then again, it is my #1 most played on iTunes.

"Sympathy for the Devil" is better than "Gimme Shelter" by a mile.

Some notable mentions:

Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams

Angels by Robbie Williams

Heard it through the grapevine by Marvin Gaye (cheers to GoGo for reminding me of that)

Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters

Mustang Sally by Joe Cocker

Sweet Child O'Mine by Guns n Roses

Let it be by the Beatles

Outside by Staind

I would walk 500 miles by the Proclaimers (not the shit version they did for Comic Relief)

Hotel California by the Eagles

We Are The Champions by Queen

My Generation by the Who

Born to be wild by Steppenwolf

Something inside so strong by Labi Siffre

I shouldn't know some of these songs with me not even 16 yet... I'm sure I shouldn't <_<

But the winner...

Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi

Edited by - Matt -

Some notable mentions:

Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams

Angels by Robbie Williams

Heard it through the grapevine by Marvin Gaye (cheers to GoGo for reminding me of that)

Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters

Mustang Sally by Joe Cocker

Sweet Child O'Mine by Guns n Roses

Let it be by the Beatles

Outside by Staind

I would walk 500 miles by the Proclaimers (not the shit version they did for Comic Relief)

Hotel California by the Eagles

We Are The Champions by Queen

My Generation by the Who

Born to be wild by Steppenwolf

Something inside so strong by Labi Siffre

I shouldn't know some of these songs with me not even 16 yet... I'm sure I shouldn't <_<

But the winner...

Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi

There are so many better songs by Bon Jovi...Blood On Blood, Wanted Dead or Alive, Blaze Of Glory, Bed Of Roses, Someday I'll Be Saturday Night...

They'd have all been in the notable mentions, but I tried to keep it to one song per artist to stop it getting really long. Living on a Prayer has always been my favourite song ever since well... since I was about 5 years old and first heard it. Just a song I grew up listening to and will always remember.

That's easily the best Stones song yes, and it was that much more awesome being in The Departed too. But um, best ever... not quite.

I'm slightly tempted to say "The End of the Innocence" by Don Henley, but that's a tough call as well. Then again, it is my #1 most played on iTunes.

You beat me to the post I've waited all thread to make (When someone says a Stones song that isn't Sympathy). Of course my post simply would've read: "Please allow me to introduce myself..."

You beat me to the post I've waited all thread to make (When someone says a Stones song that isn't Sympathy). Of course my post simply would've read: "Please allow me to introduce myself..."

"..I'm a man of wealth and taste"

One of my friends use that song as a theme for an efed. But yeah, that's probably the best Stones song, though I really love their song "Angie" for some reason

As far as the Stones, I was always partial to "Paint It Black." For Don Henley, "Dirty Laundry."

Best overall, though, I'd have to call "Tomorrow Never Knows." Trippiest thing I ever heard, and that's without being stoned.

Wow, this'll be hard...

First, lets have a few nominations:

'Freebird', obviously

Rhapsody (Of Fire)'s 'Holy Thunderforce'

Nightwish's version of 'Phantom of the Opera'

Bruce Dickinson's 'Tears of a Dragon'

Sonata Arctica's 'Victoria's Secret'

Dragonforce's 'Soldiers Of The Wasteland' and 'Dawn Over A New World'

Edguy's 'Land of the Miracle', 'How Many Miles?', 'Babylon', 'The Unbeliever', 'Navigator' and 'The Piper Never Dies'

Blind Guardian's 'Under The Ice', 'Time Stands Still', 'Born In A Mourning Hall' and 'Valhalla'

Avantasia's 'The Seven Angels'...

I could probably go on, but I'm bored now.

It's gotta either be The Seven Angels or Holy Thunderforce.

Let's go with Holy Thunderforce. But if you asked me tomorrow, the entire list would probably be completely different.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Best song ever? Goddamn, that's a tough call, especially if you have incredibly varied tastes.

You can't ignore all-time classics like "My Kind of Town" by Sinatra, "Artificial Flowers" by Bobby Darin, and honestly pretty much anything either of those guys did in their heyday.

Then of course, there's "Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath. If it weren't for that song, half the stuff in many of these replies wouldn't exist. Also, tons of Zeppelin songs could easily be considered the best song ever. Of course, there's a ridiculous number of bands I don't have enough time or space to list that could all arguably have the greatest song of all time.

But if I had to pick something that is my all-time favorite song ever, it would probably be a song I first heard when I was about five years old, my brother introduced me to this band called Metallica. Since I wanted to be as cool as my brother, I really got into them. My poor mother was terrified, her little boy who just started Kindergarten was listening to heavy metal. The song that really hooked me? "One." Just an insanely brilliant, harsh and amazing song and it was really my first exposure to real music. It was during the time when you could turn on MTV and not only see a video, but see a GOOD video and this one was in pretty regular rotation. Really just the perfect song in my eyes, I don't think anyone has ever topped it.

I'm not so sure on this one, but I think that the Gun Club can probably stake a claim to this title for me. They quickly became one of my favorite bands, due to immensely underrated albums such as "Fire of Love" and "Miami". They'll never get the credit they deserve even though they kick more ass than almost everything (Chuck Norris included). Jeffrey Lee Pierce (vocals) was an incredibly gifted writer, and penned classics like "She's Like Heroin to Me", "Like Calling Up Thunder", and "For the Love of Ivy". Jeffrey Lee was the Jim Morrison of his era and genre, but probably even better in the vocal department. He had power western style vocals which fit beautifully with the Gun Club's twangy blues inspired rock. Make no mistake, the Gun Club were far from a blues band, but the formula was evident in their songs (such as in the cover of Robert Johnson's "Preaching the Blues").

Then again, Johnny Thunders existed, so you never can tell. (Y)

My two favourite songs are Bohemian Rhapsody and Stairway to Heaven.

Rhapsody I've loved since I was around 8, and probably always will love.

Stairway is a song I don't know WHY I love it so much, but I do for some reason. It's not their "best" song by any means, "Immigrant Song", 'Whole Lotta Love", "Dazed and Confused", "D'yer Maker", "Black Dog", "Rock and Roll" etc, are all better songs.

David Bowie has a few songs I'd classify the best of all time... Rebel Rebel, Space Oddity, etc.

Rolling Stones have Sympathy for the Devil.

BeeGees with Stayin Alive

The Clash with London Calling or Train In Vain.

The Doors have Light My Fire.

Nancy Sinatra with These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

Neil Young with Southern Man, Harvest Moon.

James Brown with I Feel Good, or the Boss.

Michael Jackson with Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller.

You know, the classic shit. There has been a lot of modern stuff that is brilliant, but it just hasn't had the amount of time to stand up against the classics.