Buy A Football Club & Pick The Team

Guest Put You On The Game

I'd love it if they all bought the club together, then it did really badly and went far, far into the red - resulting in a collective liability to pay the debt. "But it was just a bit of fun on the internet! >_<" "Tough, off to court with you." :pervert:

Collective liability doesn't come into it. :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love it if they all bought the club together, then it did really badly and went far, far into the red - resulting in a collective liability to pay the debt. "But it was just a bit of fun on the internet! >_<" "Tough, off to court with you." :pervert:

£1.75m to buy a football club?

I think we'd need to look a little lower than Leeds...

Stoke was bought for about £1.9 million last summer, however £3m was also paid by Peter Coates to pay of debts. Leeds' debts will be much, much bigger.

Why?

Imagine having a say in how a proper club is ran.

We get to all suggest what formation to play and which players to play each game and the most popular choices between us is then used!

It's awesome.

Your conscience is as shallow as an inflatable paddling pool that a 3 year old would use in their back garden. If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Your conscience is as shallow as an inflatable paddling pool that a 3 year old would use in their back garden. If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Leeds will be nothing soon. I signed up, but will only pay if Leeds win and aren't already takenover by then.

TBH, I hate Leeds United for that stunt they pulled at Leeds-Bradford airport six years ago when they were in the Champions League semi final (i.e. printing on the grass by the run-way "Welcome To Leeds - The Only United Left In Europe" for the Valencia team to see plainly and clearly). However, if they went ahead to buy Leeds, then I would still cough up my £35.

And the thing that was so bad about that is... Leeds have done some pretty cuntish things over the years you could genuinely dislike them for (like I give a fuck anyway), but that was possibly the worst reason you could have come out with. That's not any worse than "This is Anfield" or whatever it is, at Liverpool, it's just there to intimidate the opposition. I also doubt that was Leeds Utd themselves, more than likely some fans.

Leeds will be nothing soon. I signed up, but will only pay if Leeds win and aren't already takenover by then.

TBH, I hate Leeds United for that stunt they pulled at Leeds-Bradford airport six years ago when they were in the Champions League semi final (i.e. printing on the grass by the run-way "Welcome To Leeds - The Only United Left In Europe" for the Valencia team to see plainly and clearly). However, if they went ahead to buy Leeds, then I would still cough up my £35.

Yeah, I mean, you could have talked about the Hooliganism and whatnot, but clearly the worst thing Leeds have done is BUY A GOLDFISH! <_<

Leeds aren't the only team to have used airlines to fly up and down the country, I know for a fact Arsenal do/did it because Bergkamp used to travel to all away games with the physio because they both had a fear of flying. Darren Huckerby was actually a decent player when Leeds signed him and was in great form of Coventry, there was talk of him being in the England side at the time, so that wasn't all that stupid considering the circumstances. And what the hell harm did a goldfish do?

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by - Matt -

When I really think about it, I wonder if someone with a bit of a pocket will fork over a few thousand or so. Well multiple people in that situation. Thus making the purchase easier. The real question then is if they claim since they invested more money in the club they have more of a say, which would negate the entire purpose.

On paper this is a great idea and I hope to see it through, but there are quite a few things to wonder about with it.

As for the club. Good luck getting Leeds, it'd be cool. But we need to think a bit lower, even with administration.