AD.

K

Serious question, have you had any formal graphic design training. Courses or what not?

I only ask because the Bound For Glory poster you just did, whilst the whole thing was beautiful (So much so that this post warranted a whole new thread), the HOGAN/STEINER text is gorgeous. Subtle, but perfect in every way. I mean, I don't want to take away from the design in general, which was industry standard and then some, but just that little cut away on the 'N/S' was just genius. It's such a little thing, but it works so well, and it's something I wouldn't have thought of at all.

Yeah...

Nice one.

Nope, no formal graphic design training. Just self-taught with PSP and PS over the years.

Thanks for the comments on that poster. The text I was just looking for something different, perhaps something that would stand out. I've seen text that has lines through it and whatnot but never two words bunched together and separated like that so I thought it'd be cool. Don't know what made me think to do it in the first place, though. Just my awesome eye for design and imagination I guess ¬_¬

I have to echo Keith's sentiments... you are by far the best graphic designer in terms of professional quality that I've seen on EWB, and there is a reason why awhile back one of your posters was mistaken for a real thing. You have an uncanny eye for design man, and you really should consider pursuing this talent in my opinion.

No matter what, keep up the fantastic work. Everytime I see that you've made something new around here, I have to see it because I know it'll blow me away.

I want to see said poster <_<

/forum/index.php?showtopic=52414">Here

Well find it, like I just had to. (hint: fourway battle thread).

Yeah, it does look pretty nifty. I must ask, what is the font you use on posters? The big bold one.

I try not to use it on all posters but it does look pretty good for text like that, doesn't it? It's called FT77, I'm not sure whether it's free or not, someone uploaded it at another forum.

I cut them from their original pictures and then duplicated them several times, each time setting the layer blending to overlay, color dodge or linear dodge, whichever gives your picture the greater contrast (darker blacks and lighter whites). Taking the colour out of the picture can help give a greater contrast too I've found. Then merge the layers you have and set the layer blending to darken, multiply or burn, whatever gives you the better effect (it depends on the picture on the background as to how much it stands out really).