MMA News and Discussion Thread

Today's Observer speculates that if Lesnar doesn't get over his flu soon, we could be seeing Chuck vs. Kimbo on January 2.

God help us.

He has mono.

Possible this could end up on Super Bowl card or beyond now. And Velasquez vs. Nogueira could end up for the interim title, but that is just pure speculation at this point and will depend on when Brock can defend against Shane. Mono is terrible, terrible in the sense that you can't do anything and thus lose weight, muscle, etc. Depending when he can get back in the gym he probably has a little work to do just to get back into shape and regain his strength.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Strikeforce will be the main (but not only) promotion in the EA Sports MMA videogame, including commentary from Mauro Ranallo and Frank Shamrock.

Sticking with Strikeforce, Cung Le vs. Scott Smith looks like it'll take place on Dec. 19, which is really shaping up to be a good show as it's also got Matt Lindland vs. Ronaldo de Souza and matches with Josh Thomson, Robbie Lawler, and King Mo.

• Like 1

Why the hell did Cung Le and/or Strikeforce vacate the Middleweight belt if Le was just going to be back a month after the vacancy of the title?

I mean, if it gets more Mayhem on my television, then I'm not complaining. But still :shifty:

EDIT: Cung Le just confirmed it on tonight's Strikeforce Challengers, he's back in December.