MMA News and Discussion Thread

Abe didn't listen to his coaches at all...Madsen did the same fucking thing every time...all he had to do was side step it and he would have his back.

I'm not sure if that should be spoiler'd or not.

All I'm going to say is we got a fight between a Douche and a Turd Sandwich tonight... and no matter who won, neither of them deserve to be in the second round based on THAT fight. Terrible. I fucking hate wrestlers on TUF. Most of them just take their opponent down and then can't do anything else. There's the odd guy here or there who just dominates like Ryan Bader did... but fuck.

Ultimate Fighter spoiler

Abe had zero takedown defense and couldn't do anything on the ground once he was put there. Madsen opened up one disgusting looking gash on his head. Gross.

That cut on the head was disgusting, he took a serious pounding right there.

I loved that first episode. They've done brilliantly with the way Kimbo has come in, basically everybody gunning and against him, bar Rampage. I'd seriously fucking love Kimbo to win this show and shut these people up, it'd be glorious.

Rampage has been hilarious so far as well. Do him and Rashad genuinely dislike each other? Because half the time they seem like friends simply trash talking each other in a hilarious ways.

Just saw the first episode of TUF (Is there a certain thread it should be in? I've never really ventured into this part of the forum before >_>)

As someone who doesn't really know a lot about UFC (I have been watching through from the early ones though, up to UFC 21 currently), I really enjoyed my first taste of TUF. They built Kimbo up awesomely and Rampage is a funny guy, I can't wait to see him as BA. The match was fucking NASTY, that cut was horrible, I was shocked they didn't call an end to it because of like, blood loss or something. When he got up and the blood had just poured all over his left side it was horrible in an awesome way.

Cannot wait for the next episode.

Great move for MMA. Return to network television

There was never any doubt they were going to be on CBS as that had already been discussed and publicized. However, everyone thought it was going to be Cyborg/Carano; once Fedor was sign it was a forgone conclusion that this would be the first main event for a CBS card.

with the winner of the fight being able to lay claim to the title of the World's Best Heavyweight.

BUWAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAH.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Two points, Biggz.

1) I'm not saying the winner of Fedor/Rogers WILL BE the World's Best Heavyweight, I'm just saying they'll be able to make that case. Since a lot of people already give that title to Fedor, I don't see how a win over Brett Rogers will change anyone's mind.

2) Really? If everybody thought this fight would be the first CBS main event, why was it scheduled for Showtime?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Why would it be in TV/Movies and not Sports...?

It's a TV show, and people will be talking about personalities as much as outcomes? If enough people want it moved, it'll be moved. :)

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Well it's always been talked about in the MMA thread. There's a case to be made for a TUF standalone thread to go in either TV or Sports, and I really have no problem with either.

1) I'm not saying the winner of Fedor/Rogers WILL BE the World's Best Heavyweight, I'm just saying they'll be able to make that case. Since a lot of people already give that title to Fedor, I don't see how a win over Brett Rogers will change anyone's mind.

Yes, Fedor is seen as the #1 heavyweight by most MMA fans (not UFC fans), but if Brett Rogers somehow wins... I see no one in this world who would make that case. The MMA fans will take it for what it is, and the "UFC" fans will then boost Brock up to that position.

2) Really? If everybody thought this fight would be the first CBS main event, why was it scheduled for Showtime?

Because it has to be scheduled for some network. After the fight was made official it was almost instantly announced for CBS. CBS isn't going to simply say, "Hey Strikeforce, Nov. 7th... let's have a show." and then get stuck with a terrible main event, ie. one that doesn't involved Fedor. Also, CBS owns Showtime so it's not like it makes that much difference as they can interchange the programming at will (which is why we see things like Dexter edited and placed on CBS).

Edited by ACCBiggz

Why would it be in TV/Movies and not Sports...?

It's a TV show, and people will be talking about personalities as much as outcomes? If enough people want it moved, it'll be moved. :)

To be fair, I originally came in here looking for a thread about it and ended up going to the "General MMA Thread" to see if there was discussion.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

...what, Biggz? They announced a show for Showtime with full knowledge that it would never air on Showtime? If they knew all along it was going to be on CBS, why wouldn't they have just said that from the beginning?