MMA News and Discussion Thread

WAMMA is pretty much dead, just as a fyi. The "leaders" they had all dropped out and I think it may even be officially dead by now.

Yeah, but at least they'd have a champion with a belt that has been defended this year as opposed to a champion that doesn't show up and hasn't defended the title in two years.

Just create an interim strap or strip Overeem. It'd give you 5 rounds and mean more than WAMMA. Besides, it's Strikeforces fault for using a fighter in a title fight they were borrowing from someone else and had no obligation to fight there again.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Why not just vacate the belt, make Fedor/Rogers for it and if Overeem decides to get his head out of his ass give him a title shot? That way you get rid of the WAMMA belt, you give the belt to a big star (Fedor if he does his usual stuff or Rogers will get over like shit if he beats Fedor) and you're not counting on a guy that hasn't defended the belt since 2007.

That way you get rid of the WAMMA belt, you give the belt to a big star (Fedor if he does his usual stuff or Rogers will get over like shit if he beats Fedor) and you're not counting on a guy that hasn't defended the belt since 2007.

1. They already have gotten rid of the WAMMA belt.

2. Overeem has never defended the title period.

I went to MMA Junkie and the first thing that caught my eye was Tim Sylvia and UFC return and I thought what a horrible move this was but then looked again and it was just him wanting to make his way back. He actually thinks his fights with Nog and Couture were great. Poor delusional Sylvia, never going to get back into the UFC. Well, can't really say never, but seems unlikely after an embarrassing knockout from Ray Mercer.

Anyways, Phil Baron's return fight is against Amir Sadollah at 106.

• Like 1

I went to MMA Junkie and the first thing that caught my eye was Tim Sylvia and UFC return and I thought what a horrible move this was but then looked again and it was just him wanting to make his way back. He actually thinks his fights with Nog and Couture were great. Poor delusional Sylvia, never going to get back into the UFC. Well, can't really say never, but seems unlikely after an embarrassing knockout from Ray Mercer.

Anyways, Phil Baron's return fight is against Amir Sadollah at 106.

Jesus Christ, poor Amir. Kid fights through injuries to finally make his post-Ultimate Fighter debut, and he gets TKO'd in what I think was an early stoppage... but he still got rocked several times.

So what's his next fight? Phil Baroni. The New York Badass. A guy known for his vicious KO power.

If Amir avoids trying to bang, he'll be fine and could submit Phil... but the moment he starts swinging, I expect him to take a nap.

I love Amir. He's crisp he just needs to move more. Don't like it as a fight though, the poor bugger needs a free pass after having that fight stopped early, I think he would be quite marketable, I don't know what Dana has against him. If he wins it reestablishes him, but he seemed to get rocked easily and was allowing himself to get hit, he will have a decent reach advantage I just hope he can utilise it.

Word of the injury got out on the evening of 9/2, a few hours after he was scheduled to take a random drug test by the California State Athletic Commission. He didn’t get on the flight to California and when he no-showed, UFC informed the commission that Sherk was injured and was off the card

Yeah.......

Didn't Sherk say he would never fight again in California after that suspension? I was wondering why he was even put on that card in the first place.

See, I would be inclined to agree and say, "Well Sherk didn't want to fight in California so that's why he dropped out." However, this was an official fight... so he signed the contract. Which makes it a thousand times odd that he'd bail directly when they request a drug test. If he had dropped out when he realised it was in Cali, I'd be fine. But he had signed the contract.

I don't know how they deal with contracts when the fight is moved like it was from 103 to 104, do they have to agree to the move or do they have a disclaimer that says the fight can be moved at any time? Because he was originally on the 103 card then it got moved to 104. But even if that's the case, it has been know for a few weeks now that the fight was moved to 104, so yeah. Whatever, it's Sean Sherk, it's not like we are going to be missing out on a great fight or anything.

• Like 1