MMA News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Cain vs. Shane, can they hype that enough to make the winner seem like a worthy title contender? I'd have preferred one of them to get the loser of Couture/Nog because I think that win would do more for either of 'em.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Also fights like Frank Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz weren't eligible because they're not on good terms with UFC. I don't think Forrest vs. Ortiz was on the list either.

If that happens I want Dana White to kickbox Cro Cop. Tito Ortiz can referee.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Not without a legit heavyweight fight. Brock/Mir, Couture/Nog, and Cain/Shane are all booked. That doesn't leave any bigtime heavyweight available for him to fight in a headlining role.

Kimbo! :shifty:

Chuck vs. Cro Cop is VERY likely now that you mention that. That fight had been talked about since the PRIDE days, offers something of value to the UFC, and is feasible for 103. I'm not sure it will happen, but that's a very likely main event opponent for both men.

At this point in their careers that fight would be just atrocious. Both are far to tentative fighters these days, Cro Cop especially, it seems like it'd go 3 rounds without much happening.

At this point in their careers that fight would be just atrocious. Both are far to tentative fighters these days, Cro Cop especially, it seems like it'd go 3 rounds without much happening.

It is basically do or die for both me (either way for Chuck) so I'd think they would be a little less tentative if they met. Especially since Chuck's fight probably will be his last fight, he's not going to want to go out with a snoozer.

Yeah, I wasn't talking to you.

Yeah, but you were posting in a general discussion thread so it doesn't matter that I happened to be the one to reply with an opinion on the topic at hand.

ALSO:

Dan Miller/Aaron Simpson is rumored for the UFN19 which I'm not to keen on as I don't think it does much for either guy.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

No, no. I was pretty obviously responding to someone, we were having a conversation, there was no need for you to interject your opinion.