Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Why is everyone mad the Patriots are gonna go undefeated. The fact that we are watching one of the greatest football teams if not the greatest in history right now and watching them go on their undefeated streak is truly a treasure. We should all be hoping they go undefeated, just so we can all say that we watched the greatest team in NFL history.

Probably because if they did go undefeated, there would be an atomic explosion of bandwagoning and douchebagginess erupting from New England. They're already the smuggest fans in the world, why give them this as well?

Being about 2 1/2 hours from St. Louis, tons and tons of Patriots bandwagon fans hopped on as soon as they beat the Rams in the Super Bowl, so I've had to put up with their shit even longer then some. It's horrible.

Around 4:23pm Eastern time, I'd say. :shifty:

I'm looking forward to Buffalo-Cleveland next week with a playoff spot (I AM talking about playoffs and I am NOT kidding you.) on the line.

Carolina is all but done, can we PLEASE put Matt Moore in as the starter? How many QBs must he come in "in relief of"?

Anthony Smith... What a waste of space. Got burned twice by the Pats O, and then started doing the big bully rutine.

As a Pats fan (since 96 i might add) i would love a perfect 16. But i wouldn't be surprised if it all goes to shit either in one of the two last games (vs Dolphins or Giants) or in the playoffs. Allthough sending Peyton and co. out would be sweet

There's all but zero chance of it, but how great would it be if the Dolphins beat the Patriots and ruined two perfect seasons at once?

1-15 and 15-1 instead of the much more likely 0-16, and 16-0. It would be funny. Only happens if the Patriots decide to rest their starters for the playoffs though, which they more-than-likely won't do.

What was with Brady and the Steelers defensive guys? I seen it on ESPNews. He looked like he was mouthing off and backing away as a few guys were coming after him after a play.

Brady mouthed off to, I think, the guy that guaranteed a Steelers win after the touchdown and then more Steelers came in to mouth back and then Brady continued to taunt while backing away :rolleyes:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Dolphins will beat the Ravens this week.

Yes, it will happen. My dad and I have been calling it for a few weeks actually. The Dolphins know this is their last chance to win a game this season, the Ravens simply don't care anymore. Boller will start, Boller will falter.

Orton to start next Monday night in Minnesota

By Larry Mayer

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Bears coach Lovie Smith on Monday announced that quarterback Kyle Orton will start next Monday night’s road game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Orton has served as the Bears’ emergency third quarterback for the past two years and has not appeared in a regular-season game since the 2005 season finale, coincidentally, in Minnesota.

As a rookie in 2005, the fourth-round draft pick from Purdue completed 51.6 percent of his passes for 1,869 yards with 9 TDs, 13 interceptions and a 59.7 passer rating. Orton compiled a 10-5 record as a starter in helping the Bears win the first of two straight NFC North titles.

Rex Grossman will miss Monday night's game with a sprained MCL in his left knee sustained in Thursday night's loss in Washington.

Fuck you Kyle Orton. Fuck you and your neck beard. I'm going to laugh when Minnesota runs all over you, and intercepts you three times. I'd rather have a one legged Rex out there, I bet he could still throw it 60 yards while hopping on one leg.

Grossman was an MVP candidate for the first half of last year. Then opposing teams began to gameplan against his strengths and he proved to be a scrub. I don't see him doing any better this year than he did in the second half of last year especially when the defense is a year older and Tankless, and the special teams won't contribute as much since NO ONE will punt or kick the ball to Hester. Most of Grossman's game was throwing the deep bomb and relying on the 'D' to bail him out when he got picked, or for Hester to give him a really short field to work with.