Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

The Giants have no chance of beating the Patriots with the Elisha Manning of recent weeks. He's becoming the next Rex Grossman. Toss in all their injuries and I'd say they have as much chance as the Dolphins or Jets do.

In comparison to the Jets and Dolphins, the Giants will do better.

The Jets will have something to prove to the Pats, they'll go all out. And still get squashed. I wonder how much the Pats can put up on them.

I honestly think the days of 52-10 and 49-7 blowouts for the Pats are over. There will be closer games from here.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Well the Pats haven't been lighting up the score board against tough defenses in the last 2 weeks. Pittsburgh, they've got a tough defense too, which can be just as good as Philly's, if not better. Difference is Steelers have the best offense of those teams.

Of course when the Steelers lose they do it in embarassing fashion, so I'm sort of expecting that. Of course if its shitty conditions and the Pats can't throw the ball, its going to be really difficult to beat Pittsburgh.

That's Ronnie Brown. And the Pats always lose to the Dolphins the 2nd time they play. I wouldn't be surprised if that's their only loss this year.

That's Ronnie Brown. And the Pats always lose to the Dolphins the 2nd time they play. I wouldn't be surprised if that's their only loss this year.

I knew it was Ronnie, but for some reason I wrote Reggie. The Pats have lost to the Dolphins the second time they've played in recent years, but the Dolphins have never been this awful though.

The Giants have no chance of beating the Patriots with the Elisha Manning of recent weeks. He's becoming the next Rex Grossman. Toss in all their injuries and I'd say they have as much chance as the Dolphins or Jets do.

Speak bad about Grossman again and I'll cut you. :angry:

Oh come on, even the most loyal Rex Grossman fan would have to admit he was unbelievably inconsistent and when he was bad he was baaaaaad. Though I will say that since getting his job back he seems to have improved, not consistently throwing hopeful long bombs to Berrian, checking down when his main WRs are covered and that lot. I hope he keeps it up, I think he has the ability to be a very good NFL QB.

Oh come on, even the most loyal Rex Grossman fan would have to admit he was unbelievably inconsistent and when he was bad he was baaaaaad. Though I will say that since getting his job back he seems to have improved, not consistently throwing hopeful long bombs to Berrian, checking down when his main WRs are covered and that lot. I hope he keeps it up, I think he has the ability to be a very good NFL QB.

We threw the game away. It was upsetting to see our team get so frustrated at the end as well, but with Samari Rolle being inexplicably targeted by an official for god-knows-how-long you can understand it. But we should've won, Rex Ryan doesn't call that timeout and the Patriots are 11-1. They were given too many opportunities in a game where they were finally outplayed.

Honestly, I've been disappointed in Rex. He's just not getting it, he needs to throw into triple coverage. What we're seeing now is not the Rex Grossman that I, as well as the rest of America, fell in love with. Recently I've been disgusted at the sight of him. It just saddens me to see him checking down and throwing to RB's. That's not how the Rex Express rolls. Swing passes? Gay. Screens? Super Gay. Have you forgotten this, have they been brainwashed you? Do you not remember the long ball? Thats a real man's throw, and Grossman's a real man. Throw it deep Rex, and you'll bring your fans (and the ladies) back to you.

:shifty:

Anyone think that (should they get there) the Packers would stand any shot against the Patriots in the Super Bowl?

*hopeful thinking*

Don't be so sure New England's going to the Super Bowl dude.

The Pats have 2 weaknesses -- their running game and their rush defense. Given how the Eagles and Ravens have Westbrook and McGahee respectively as well as 2 of the best secondaries in the NFL, I think there are a few teams that can knock them off. It'll be hard, and I do think NE's going undefeated. But Willie Parker and the Steelers D or Drew/Taylor and the Jags D are 2 things that could stand in the way of perfection. Jack Del Rio's system is very similar to the Baltimore system that Brady had so much trouble with.

But there will need to be some factors to help these teams. Weather being the primary one. If you play on a windy, cold day, you can really take out their passing game. And from there, you can attack Brady head-on.

Edited by damshow