Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Christ, I hate the god damned Bears more than any team in league. So, I feel good about this game right now, with 45 seconds left and ten point league. Stupid Bears.

Edit - And that is that. I feel good knowing we have taken the Bears and Vikings down, it makes me feel a little bit better about the past, even if it's brief. And christ, the refs were getting on my fucking last nerve through the last two minutes of the game.

Edited by VerbalPuke

...sorry, this is just hard to type out, since it's Joey Harrington and all...

...he played a damn good game.

Somebody's realizing that he doesn't want to get benched...

No kidding. In the first half, Harrington was playing like he owed mob debts. This will buy him some time, but he's likely on a one-bad-game leash since Leftwich claims he's learned the offense "quickly" (code: "I just want to get out there and play" and/or "I'm so freaking lost.")

I wish Joey played like that when he was here. :shifty:

Good for him though, he's a good guy and all. I wasn't a fan of him as a QB, but he's a hard guy to hate. I hope he continues to do well.

You hit the nail dead-on, he's nearly impossible to hate as a person...but he's oh so very frustrating as a QB. When I read he was the backup to Vick in Atlanta during the off-season, I just had the feeling of 'erm...well...he's not *bad*, I guess'

And for the record, the Lions are the new Rams. You'd think people would have found a way to beat Martz's "WHEEEEEEEEEE" offense (seriously, it's a goddamn carnival the way Martz does an offense. I'm waiting for the day he has the receivers and TE doing patterns that resemble a Ferris Wheel.)

The offense can be really fun to watch when executed properly. My big gripes right now are not that our guys aren't trying hard, or making nice plays, but that we still have far too many mistakes on the field. Kitna has been playing very well, but needs to eliminate his turnovers (one fumble lost today, though more due to Backus getting beat like a drum). Tatum Bell does too much dancing instead of hitting the hole and penetrating ( :pervert: ), and Roy Williams drops far too many passes for a WR of his caliber (none today, good work bud). George Foster needs to go, the dude has nearly ten false starts in four games.

The defense needs a lot of help, but I will give them their due. They have been making plays, other than last weeks aberration, but the secondary and linebackers need help.

All in all, I think we have a good amount of talent to work with, but I remain cautiously optimistic. I think we'll be competitive all year, but don't know if that will garner a playoff berth.

Edit - Oh, and it just dawned on me that we matched last years win total already.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Concerning LT: True, but still, some peeps were starting to worry about the Superchargers.

Concerning the Lions: Word. I saw that stat about Foster and couldn't help but laugh. That's the kind of thing that makes me start rookies over people in Madden >_>

Before I head out, two last things:

1. Joey Porter officially looks like a fool as Oakland beats Miami in the Suck Bowl.

2. There are two Derek Andersons. Just as Frye was shipped to Bigfoot Country, the original Derek was abducted by aliens and replaced by this strange, new being of decent quarterbacking. Beware, your below-average backup may be next :shifty:

Edited by ____

Concerning LT: True, but still, some peeps were starting to worry about the Superchargers.

Concerning the Lions: Word. I saw that stat about Foster and couldn't help but laugh. That's the kind of thing that makes me start rookies over people in Madden >_>

Before I head out, two last things:

1. Joey Porter officially looks like a fool as Oakland beats Miami in the Suck Bowl.

2. There are two Derek Andersons. Just as Frye was shipped to Bigfoot Country, the original Derek was abducted by aliens and replaced by this strange, new being of decent quarterbacking. Beware, your below-average backup may be next :shifty: