Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Your worst nightmare?

Nah, too cliche.

But Master of the Universe has a nice ring to don't you think? <_<

Oh and to keep from straying too off-topic, I can't believe that the Redskins are taking this long to hire a HC. They should've hired Williams off the bat but I guess he's officially out of it altogether now anyways. But from what I've seen/heard, it looks like Fassel's the leading candiate at the moment just because they haven't been able to interview Spagnulo but I predict that he'll stay in New York because the Giants would be stupid to let him go to their division rival. In the end, I think it'll end up being Fassel so I don't know why they're waiting to get rejected.

There's no way that would happen. I think Snyder wants an older, more wise coach as opposed to following the recent trend of hiring really young coaches.

But had they not just hired Jim Zorn as their new Offensive Coordinator, I could've seen them go after him for that job though.

Edited by Livid

There's no way that would happen. I think Snyder wants an older, more wise coach as opposed to following the recent trend of hiring really young coaches.

Because the older, more wise coach thing worked out with Joe Gibbs, huh? :shifty:

Got 'em back to the playoffs, didn't he?

Oh...my...God. :lmao:

Dog gets dyed blue by insane Giants fan; grants me an interview

By MJD

Friday, Jan 25, 2008 8:59 am EST

WNYW in New York is holding a "How True Blue Are You?" contest, soliciting fan submissions of photographs that show how loyal fans are to the Giants. Joe Gannascoli, the man who played Vito Spatafore on The Sopranos submitted a picture of he and his wife holding their dog, which they had, in support of the Giants, dyed blue.

Gannascoli appeared on Good Day New York this morning to put his Giants fever on display. Meanwhile, I reached out to the dog himself, and he was good enough to grant me the following interview.

MJD: Good morning, sir. I couldn't help but notice you're blue.

Blue Dog: You're a sharp one.

MJD: It doesn't sound like you're happy about this.

Blue Dog: Ya think so, pal? How would you like it if you woke up tomorrow morning and you were blue from head to toe? Come on, buddy. I freak out when I get those weird brown rings under my eyes, and I'm supposed to be happy when I'm turquoise? And thanks for that, by the way ... you dolts couldn't even get me a decent shade of blue. I gotta walk around here in freakin' pastels.

MJD: Yeah, that shade may be more appropriate for Easter.

Blue Dog: I'm not a bunny rabbit, either, douchebag.

MJD: Do you see any upside to the dying?

Blue Dog: At least they left my crotch white. That way, my tongue doesn't turn blue.

MJD: That's good. So, do you even like the Giants?

Blue Dog: The Giants? I don't even know who the hell they are. Who are these Giants people keep talking about? How damn big are they? 10 feet? 20 feet? Is that was all this Cloverfield nonsense is about?

MJD: No, they're not actual Giants. They're normal sized people. "Giants" is just the nickname for a football team.

Blue Dog: Oh, great ... that makes sense. Yeah, because dogs love football. I love it when they do that blitzing and the diving and the homeruns and stuff. Yeah, it's great ... hike me the pigskin and I'll dunk it.

MJD: You're not interested in football?

Blue Dog: I'M A DOG, BUDDY. I'm interested in meat, things that are made to look, taste or smell like meat, screwing with the cat, and licking myself. That's about as far as it goes.

MJD: Do you have any plans for the Super Bowl?

Blue Dog: Yeah, smart guy, I do. I'm gonna walk around at some idiot's Super Bowl party, and a bunch of morons are going to pet me and go, "Awww, look at you! You must love the Giants!" You know, like I had some choice in being blue. Before the party's over, though, I'm gonna bite a kid's finger off and pee on an old lady.

MJD: That actually doesn't sound like a bad party.

Blue Dog: You wanna come? You can come ... but if you show up without some industrial strength dog shampoo, I'm gonna pee on your foot.

MJD: I have other plans. Thanks for the time, though.

Blue Dog: Ah, shove it.

Link to the news video with the blue dog:

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/InsideF...mp;pageId=5.2.1

By sheer fluke. Had Jason Campbell not been injured and the Vikings not gone into a tailspin then they wouldn't have made it. If they want to go further than the first round of the Playoffs they need something fresh in the coaching staff I think.

I'm surprised you Brits haven't mentioned the fact that it looks like it'll be New Orleans and San Diego playing over there next year.

I think it's a good idea to have two higher scoring teams like those two in a game on foreign soil to try and grab as much attention as possible.

Rather classy of the NFL, after all their shit about being "committed to New Orleans' restoration, etc." to take some bread off New Orleans' collective plate and shove a Saints home game over to England. And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Why not someone like Jacksonville, who can't sell out their stadium anyway?

And that's what it should be about; what teams can sell the tickets out and get a good fanbase in England because of it. After all, Goodell does want to global and if he's really set on it, it only makes sense for him to do it like that.

Then like Dragsy wants, the Bears would be an even better fit than the Saints. Even the 49ers. Hell, send the Cowboys and make AD's day. Wasn't the rationale for the Dolphins being good choices for last year's game the fact that the Dolphins had had a history of success in prior decades, or something? So they send the Saints, who make the playoffs what, three times a decade and don't often win when they're there? Why not take a team who's had even more success than the Dolphins and let the fans and businesses of New Orleans keep their eight home games to rally around? It just sounds damn hypocritical to me after all the rhetoric about commitment and helping New Orleans recover.