Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

DA should have made it. Anyone who says they saw his season coming is a dirty fucking liar.

Over who? Ben? Ben has a better QB rating, more passing TDs, better completion percentage, higher YPA, less INTs, and is better on third downs.

And surely Anderson doesn't make it over Manning or Brady.

How many times have arguments been overruled in here because of stats? And don't even try and use passer rating to convince me of anything, it's such a bullshit statistic.

It's very close between Ben and Derek Anderson, admittedly. But I don't know if Anderson will have this kind of year ever again, I can see Big Ben being more consistent throughout his career. Brady's had it easy this year with all his new toys, he choked against the Jets.

Oh, and Fred Taylor got royally screwed.

I disagree. I think that Davenport, as good as he is as a short yardage back, has enough speed where he could be the workhorse that people would expect out of a man his size. I think, though, he needs to be in the right system and it just so happens that the right system for him is the Steelers who already have a very talented running back. I'd be willing to bet that if Willie Parker never came to fruition that Davenport would've easily picked up the slack in a Bettis-type role, but a little quicker. I've always been high on Najeh for some reason.

However, I would agree that the styles complement each other but I do think Davenport could succeed on his own. I don't think the loss of Parker will effect the Steelers that much anyways because I think they're destined to lose in the playoffs anyways; I'm really feeling the Jaguars as the sleeper pick this year and think that they probably have the best chance to beat the Patriots because they can stop both the run and the pass and can run all over pretty much any team there.

I don't think he's turned on him as much as Quinn's the better QB. DA benefits from having good targets, anybody who has seen him play their team twice can tell you he's nothing special in the slightest.

How do you know Quinn's going to be the better QB? We haven't seen him start an NFL game yet.

Man, one bad game and you've already turned on him. Nice loyal support there.

I've never been the biggest DA fan, but he is clearly an upgrade over the past QB's we have had, and it's not even close...however, that doesn't mean he is starting-calibar on a playoff team. I feel like DA benefits from playing with an awesome offensive line, a talented RB and an elite WR core more than they benefit from him. His accuracy is horrendous, and he will likely never complete 60% of his passes for a season. He probably would be around 50% if not for some miracle catches by Edwards and Winslow. I feel like this offense will be even better once Quinn gets the starting job.

You're not there quite yet :P

Well...at least the Lions won today. Sure, we're out of the playoffs now, but it still feels good to win. Plus, T.J. Duckett had a really nice game.

By the way, a lot of Lions fans are clamoring for Derek Anderson. The asking price would likely be a 1st and 3rd which I think is way too much to give up for a guy that could be a one year wonder. Especially for a team with so many glaring holes going into the off-season.

The asking price would likely be a 1st and 3rd which I think is way too much to give up for a guy that could be a one year wonder. Especially for a team with so many glaring holes going into the off-season.

With Millen's rep in the draft, how is that not a good move ? Sorry for the shot, but it's true. Sure, the last couple of years have been good, but wow ... you've needed a QB for how long now ? And he's taken how many ? Yeah, might as well give up the third/first rounder for him .... I mean that'd be just like drafting one in the draft ... Anderson is young, hot, and better than anyone you've had this century.

That said, I'd take a shot at a qb in the draft. I just don't feel that the asking price you've said, is as bad as it sounds.

I don't think he's turned on him as much as Quinn's the better QB. DA benefits from having good targets, anybody who has seen him play their team twice can tell you he's nothing special in the slightest.

How do you know Quinn's going to be the better QB? We haven't seen him start an NFL game yet.

Such is the lot of the Browns fan. Now the Browns are good, they've come out of the woodwork to start talking about how they were never ashamed of their team, and that they loved them really, but one poor performance from Horse Balls and they're tripping over themselves to jump back on the QUINN 4 QB wandbagon.

What do you mean I'm bitter we suck this year? Outrageous accusation

I know you don't experience this first-hand, but Ravens fans (Well, Baltimore sports fans) are much, much worse about that than most sports fans I know. You don't even see people wearing Orioles apparel around here unless it's a throwback hat to the 70's for fashion. And even still, this was a baseball town until the year the Ravens won the Super Bowl. Oh, and after the 05 season, fans weren't really excited for 06. Then by midseason my parents told me the city was acting like we were destined to win the Super Bowl again.

I love my city, but Baltimore sports fans are pretty awful.

Such is the lot of the Browns fan. Now the Browns are good, they've come out of the woodwork to start talking about how they were never ashamed of their team, and that they loved them really, but one poor performance from Horse Balls and they're tripping over themselves to jump back on the QUINN 4 QB wandbagon.

What do you mean I'm bitter we suck this year? Outrageous accusation

Edited by De

The asking price would likely be a 1st and 3rd which I think is way too much to give up for a guy that could be a one year wonder. Especially for a team with so many glaring holes going into the off-season.

With Millen's rep in the draft, how is that not a good move ? Sorry for the shot, but it's true. Sure, the last couple of years have been good, but wow ... you've needed a QB for how long now ? And he's taken how many ? Yeah, might as well give up the third/first rounder for him .... I mean that'd be just like drafting one in the draft ... Anderson is young, hot, and better than anyone you've had this century.

That said, I'd take a shot at a qb in the draft. I just don't feel that the asking price you've said, is as bad as it sounds.

My brother used similar logic when telling me about the trade. Basically, Millen will fuck up the picks anyway, so go for the QB with the 1st and 3rd.

I'm weary of a guy that has had only one good year, but I do like that he's young, mobile, and seems to have a strong arm. One problem is that our offensive line is bad, and might not be much improved next year.

Honestly, I'm not huge on Kitna these days (he's tough, he has heart, he's a leader, but he's just not that good), but I'd rather wait and see what Stanton can do. His mobility could help to slightly offset the poor offensive line play because he can buy time with his feet.

I'd honestly rather see us give up picks to move up and snag Laurinitis. I think the defense needs more work than the offense, with holes in damn near every spot, we need a DE, two LB's, and three new guys in the secondary.

If for some reason we do the Derek Anderson trade, I wont be too disappointed. I'm just hesitant about a guy that has had one good year.