Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Pro Bowl Rosters announced.

Sean Taylor makes it posthumously and my Steelers send 5.

Two Steelers starters: James Harrison (good for him, he deserves it) and Alan Faneca (LOLWTF). Seriously, Faneca? The fans shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Three Steelers reserves: Ben Roethlisberger (about time), Willie Parker (one could make an argument that he should be the starter this year) and Troy Polamalu (Does NOT deserve it. At all.)

Well, the voting is split between fans, coaches, and players. OLinemen usually get put in by coaches/players, while people with the big stats (sacks, yds, etc.) are pretty high on the list for all three. So conceivably, Faneca may have been low on the fans' voting, but high on the coaches & players.

DA should have made it. Anyone who says they saw his season coming is a dirty fucking liar.

Over who? Ben? Ben has a better QB rating, more passing TDs, better completion percentage, higher YPA, less INTs, and is better on third downs.

And surely Anderson doesn't make it over Manning or Brady.

DA should have made it. Anyone who says they saw his season coming is a dirty fucking liar.

Over who? Ben? Ben has a better QB rating, more passing TDs, better completion percentage, higher YPA, less INTs, and is better on third downs.

So you think the NFL should reward a guy who might be a fluke over a Super Bowl winning QB? I disagree completely.

Their past and future accolades shouldn't count at all. It should be based off of this season. I'm not disagreeing with the selections though, as good a year DA has had, Roethlisberger, Brady & Manning have had better.

Roethlisberger's flukey season saw him produce a 75.4 QB rating. Those are Eli Manning numbers. His other 3 seasons he's averaged somewhere around 98 for his QB rating. His rookie season he might've actually been better than he is right now actually.

EDIT - And I'm also upset at the lack of talk about David Garrard here. He ranks ahead of DA without a doubt.

Edited by damshow

How many times have arguments been overruled in here because of stats? And don't even try and use passer rating to convince me of anything, it's such a bullshit statistic.

It's very close between Ben and Derek Anderson, admittedly. But I don't know if Anderson will have this kind of year ever again, I can see Big Ben being more consistent throughout his career. Brady's had it easy this year with all his new toys, he choked against the Jets.

Oh, and Fred Taylor got royally screwed.