Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Fine guys, since you guys clearly don't seem to get it, at all, let me repeat myself once again. It doesn't make a fucking difference. The media desires you to believe it does so you continue to turn to them to make them money, but when you get beyond the obvious facade they are creating it is more than simple to see the true case at hand. No matter what the Pats were filming, they could've stolen the playbook for Christ's sake, any other team in the NFL plans, no expects, their opponent to study every hand signal they have. They mix these up enough where even the most astute individual with the highest "football IQ" couldn't decode it. It is how the sport works, these coaches are aware of the rampant cheating that the Patriots were caught for, they prepare for it. These guys are much, much smarter than anybody posting on an internet message board, they live the sport every single day. They are professionals, they have the time and knowledge to prepare new hand signals for each half, quarter, minute of the game. This is the sport, it requires a brain to be a successful coach. These coaches are smart. Very, very smart.

If they are so smart, why do they have to cheat?

Obviously this is one of those "Which came first, Chicken or the Egg" arguments where you can argue in circles for years and never really get any where.

Fine guys, since you guys clearly don't seem to get it, at all, let me repeat myself once again. It doesn't make a fucking difference. The media desires you to believe it does so you continue to turn to them to make them money, but when you get beyond the obvious facade they are creating it is more than simple to see the true case at hand. No matter what the Pats were filming, they could've stolen the playbook for Christ's sake, any other team in the NFL plans, no expects, their opponent to study every hand signal they have. They mix these up enough where even the most astute individual with the highest "football IQ" couldn't decode it. It is how the sport works, these coaches are aware of the rampant cheating that the Patriots were caught for, they prepare for it. These guys are much, much smarter than anybody posting on an internet message board, they live the sport every single day. They are professionals, they have the time and knowledge to prepare new hand signals for each half, quarter, minute of the game. This is the sport, it requires a brain to be a successful coach. These coaches are smart. Very, very smart.

Obviously this is one of those "Which came first, Chicken or the Egg" arguments where you can argue in circles for years and never really get any where.

Exactly, Belicheck was a hall of fame coach before that happened, douchebag as he may be. Unless they find evidence that he cheated in every game, this whole thing will be but a small blemish on his career. And I still don't agree with Damshow, if you need to do a qucik defensive shift to answer to a no huddle offense, you aren't gong to have 100 possible hand signals for each shift, otherwise your players are just going to get confused or have to spend time thinking about what formation they have to shift to. There's probably like 5 or 6 for each formation, the players can recognize it and quickly move into that formation. IF there was 100 per formation like you seem to think there is, players would never recognize it that qucikly and would never be able to get into formation while the other team is running no huddle offense. Does that make sense to you Damshow? Its not because the coaches can't come up with millions of hand signals, its because during a game, when a quick shift needs to be made, the players don't have time to run through all the possible combinations a coach could come up with.

Anyways, does anyone thing that if the conditions on Sunday are anything like the near blizzard conditions we just had here in New England yesterday, the Jets have a much, much bettter chance of winning? Swirling winds and a snow storm will turn this into a run heavy game, and the Jets match up much more favorably with the Pats in that situation

Because Bill Belichick is a legitimate scumbag who could never win in Cleveland or anywhere else and is so concerned with winning that he goes overkill on it and will stop at NOTHING to win.

Yes, but those 6-7 hand signals will get changed at halftime. As many, many have mentioned the benefit was very little if any. The tapes might have, at best, helped them on one play. No more than having your coaches on your own sideline study the hand signals would do.

Are you actually trying to say that the whole Spygate thing doesn't matter because it didn't benefit the Patriots much? Who cares how well it worked, they cheated, end of story.

Anyways, does anyone thing that if the conditions on Sunday are anything like the near blizzard conditions we just had here in New England yesterday, the Jets have a much, much bettter chance of winning? Swirling winds and a snow storm will turn this into a run heavy game, and the Jets match up much more favorably with the Pats in that situation

Yes, but those 6-7 hand signals will get changed at halftime. As many, many have mentioned the benefit was very little if any. The tapes might have, at best, helped them on one play. No more than having your coaches on your own sideline study the hand signals would do.

Are you actually trying to say that the whole Spygate thing doesn't matter because it didn't benefit the Patriots much? Who cares how well it worked, they cheated, end of story.

No, I'm just sick and tired of people who think it's the end of all that is good in football because this is clearly the worst way of cheating in all of sports. I mean, if the other team had a local restaurant give food poisoning to their opponent's star QB that would be bad -- but spying and gaining and advantage on maybe one play? CRUCIFY THEM!

If you had stolen the signals as they appear to have in the first Jets game, why did you throw it to Randy Moss in triple coverage for that TD? I would have thrown it to the open side of the field, at least not into triple coverage. I guess those hand signals gave Randy Moss more fast twitch muscle fiber to out-jump and out-run the coverage.

Wintery mix is now predicted for the game. So, there's definately not going to be alot of passing. Pats aren't the greatest team against the run either, but Thomas Jones hasn't been very effective at scoring this season. So, everyoen get ready for a low scoring game

Edited by Maxx

What, thinking he's a homofag and wanting to see him crippled isn't good enough reason any more?

So, when is your puberty scheduled to happen? Just curious because I'd talk football with you after you've grown up.

I think The Jets are praying for a blizzard in Foxboro as it's the only chance they have to not get completely blown out.

What, thinking he's a homofag and wanting to see him crippled isn't good enough reason any more?

So, when is your puberty scheduled to happen? Just curious because I'd talk football with you after you've grown up.

I think The Jets are praying for a blizzard in Foxboro as it's the only chance they have to not get completely blown out.

Oh he's just bitter because his team could of turned around their miserable season against the Pats and choked at the very end.

If the Ravens were 13-0, destroying everyone in the process, he'd be a smug douchebag. Every post of his in this thread would boil down to "HOLY SHIT BALTIMORE IS SO FUCKING GOOD I THINK I JUST WET MYSELF"?

EDIT: Pats return an INT for a TD, on the Jets first play.

Edited by Lowerdeck