Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

What was with Brady and the Steelers defensive guys? I seen it on ESPNews. He looked like he was mouthing off and backing away as a few guys were coming after him after a play.

Brady mouthed off to, I think, the guy that guaranteed a Steelers win after the touchdown and then more Steelers came in to mouth back and then Brady continued to taunt while backing away :rolleyes:

The dumb thing was that Brady was taunting WHILST BACKING AWAY. Wimp.

That draft thing you linked to is retarded, the Bears need to sort out the offensive line, I think it's more important than quarterback, and it's certainly higher priority than a defensive tackle in the second round. Are they stupid? The only reason Chicago had trouble at DT was because Dusty Dvoracek went out for the year against San Diego.

If Chicago goes for the likes of McNabb or Anderson, or decides Orton or Grossman are the future, then draftwise they should be looking at offensive linemen, then safeties, then tailbacks and receivers.

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

The dumb thing was that Brady was taunting WHILST BACKING AWAY. Wimp.

That draft thing you linked to is retarded, the Bears need to sort out the offensive line, I think it's more important than quarterback, and it's certainly higher priority than a defensive tackle in the second round. Are they stupid? The only reason Chicago had trouble at DT was because Dusty Dvoracek went out for the year against San Diego.

If Chicago goes for the likes of McNabb or Anderson, or decides Orton or Grossman are the future, then draftwise they should be looking at offensive linemen, then safeties, then tailbacks and receivers.

Agreed, and I understand it's a mock draft, but they should at least pay attention to the season. They have us taking a QB and a RB? What? Why would we draft a QB when they took Stanton in the past draft?

We need to go all defense in this draft, and perhaps an offensive lineman somewhere early.

Irony makes me laugh.

Jets reportedly videotaped Patriots last season in Foxborough

There's a new wrinkle in the Spygate controversy between the Patriots and the Jets.

According to a published report, a Jets employee was asked to stop videotaping the Patriots sideline during the first quarter of a game in Foxborough last season. Jets officials claim everything was above board.

"All filming at last year's Patriots game was done with pre-approval from the Patriots and in accordance with NFL rules," Bruce Speight, the Jets' senior director of media relations, told Newsday.

The Jets employee at the stadium was removed but the camera was not confiscated, according to the report. The employee's filming took place on the mezzanine level of the stadium.

The newspaper also said there was some confusion as to which Patriots home game the videotaping occurred. New York played at New England twice, including a playoff game.

In Week 1 of this season, New England was santioned by the NFL for videotaping the Jets' sideline. The NFL took away the Patriots' first-round draft pick, fined the team $250,000 and fined head coach Bill Belichick another $500,000.

On Sunday, New England is looking to improve its record to 14-0 when they host the Jets at Foxborough. The Patriots can clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with a win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3151217

This has made my day. I'm going to laugh about how much of a joke the NFL is becoming.

Edited by damshow

No I wouldn't. I really do think that QBs have no right ever trash talking someone. If someone gets in their face, fine, talk back. But going down the field and looking for someone? No.

But that said, Ben wouldn't do that. He seems to have a bit too much class.

About the Jets videotaping the Patriots bit, the Patriots gave them permission to tape wherever it was they taped the game, so while it was against the rules, it obviously wasn't on the same scale as what the Patriots were doing.

Yeah, he looked like a pussy. But then again...that's no surprise.

Did he look like a pussy when he threw for 399 yards and 4 TD's? Just wondering.

Yes, he did. I have no problem with him mouthing off. He was mouthing to the guy that guaranteed a Steeler's victory after a touchdown. The problem was he was backing away while doing it, looking like a bitch ass pussy.

About the Jets videotaping the Patriots bit, the Patriots gave them permission to tape wherever it was they taped the game, so while it was against the rules, it obviously wasn't on the same scale as what the Patriots were doing.
Edited by Pepsi