Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

The Packers have a better secondary, the Cowboys have a better pass rush. Problem for the Pack is that TE's usually have big games against them, so Witten is a huge threat in that game.

And DMN, I didn't say you were a Skins fan, but you're certainly a booster, or have your forgotten your many, many posts proclaiming how great the Redskins were going to be, how much better a QB Jason Campbell is than Romo and how the Skins will almost certainly win the East? I can go find those posts if you really want to be silly about this.

I really don't understand where you're pulling this Favre will make the play, Romo won't garbage from Disco, you've got no evidence to back up such a bold statement and I'm not buying "Its gonna happen" as proof.

Meh, I don't even remember if I meant it, or I just said it to piss you off.

As far as Favre or Romo go, they're both equally likely to make a big play, or fuck up majorly. For one game/season, right now I'd take Favre, but if I'm starting a team, I'd take Romo.

I'll stand on the issue that the Packers are the better team. Offensively, the Cowboys have the better running game, and the bigger name recievers, but TO is as likely to make a big play as he is to drop a big ball. To be honest, I'd probably take the Packers WRs right now. TE goes to the Cowboys, but the Packers aren't bad. The offensive lines are comparable, but I'd probably take the Cowboys. QB, like I said, they're both prone to be hot or cold, but I'd take Favre for one game. Defensively, D-Line/Pass Rush slightly to the Cowboys, but linebackers outside of the pass rush goes to Green Bay, easily. DBs go to Green Bay as well, as the Cowboys are more likely to get torched in coverage, due to Roy Williams. Kickers are about even, they're both rookies, although I think Crosby has the bigger leg. I'm not going to comment on special teams, because I'd be talking out my ass.

IIRC, the game is in Dallas, which could be the difference maker. I'd still take Green Bay, but it should be a close game. Like I said, I like the Cowboys, but its funny that guys like Patrick Crayton are talking shit about the Patriots, when Patrick Crayton hasn't done shit in his career. If it was TO, at least I could buy it, because he's been on teams that have won playoff games and he proved that he's a stud in the Super Bowl. Most Cowboy fans I've been around, either online or in real life, tend to be guys who are either delusional and think that the early 90s are back or are bandwagon fans, which is annoying. The Cowboys are a good team, but they're not a proven team, and even calling them the class of their conference is a stretch at this point.

The Giants have a better defense than the Pack yet we torched them for 76 points in two games.

HEEEEEEEEEEELL no. The only reason the Giants get sucked off as having a great defense is because of their mass-sacking front-line (and a huge part of that is down to Osi Umenyiora), but Green Bay have a good line (take a bow Aaron Kampman) and the best young linebacker in the league in A.J. Hawk. And the aforementioned pair of corners. And Charles Woodson ain't bad either. Oh, and Mason Crosby is a surprisingly good kicker. So, yeah, this year's Pack > the Giants.

Statistically the Giants have a better defense. They have one of the best young DBs in the league in Aaron Ross, they have probably the best front line in the NFL and have been getting better and better each week. And I don't know why you wandered off into praising their kicker and saying the Pack are overall better than the Giants because I never said they weren't.

I don't know how you can say the Packers WRs are better, DMN. They have a bunch of average joes, we have a bunch of average joes and TO. You compared each position yourself and had the Cowboys and Packers pretty much equal so why, exactly, are the Packers the better team? And by the way, we get it, you don't like Dallas fans, you don't have to say something about it in every other post.

Greg Jennings is turning into a very good WR. Donald Driver is solid. TO is good, and I'm definately not a TO hater, he's tough, he's strong, but he dosen't have the world's greatest hands. Like I said, he's just as likely to drop the big play as catch it. I'd almost rather have Driver, to be honest. TO is great at taking a short pass and making it a long play, but Driver has better hands. When Glenn comes back, I'd have to give it to the Cowboys.

The Packers are the better team, because all other things being equal, it comes down to the QB, and, right now, this season, I'd take Favre. That puts them over the top as the better team.

The Giants have a better defense than the Pack yet we torched them for 76 points in two games.

HEEEEEEEEEEELL no. The only reason the Giants get sucked off as having a great defense is because of their mass-sacking front-line (and a huge part of that is down to Osi Umenyiora), but Green Bay have a good line (take a bow Aaron Kampman) and the best young linebacker in the league in A.J. Hawk. And the aforementioned pair of corners. And Charles Woodson ain't bad either. Oh, and Mason Crosby is a surprisingly good kicker. So, yeah, this year's Pack > the Giants.

Edited by naiwf

From The "Sometimes I Say Really, Really Stupid Things" Department...

Joey Porter, when asked Wednesday if he would welcome Rickey Williams into the sanctum of the locker room, ''Yeah I would. We're 0-9, I'd welcome bin Laden if he could run the ball like Ricky did.''

Haha, he's going to get fucked for that. It's just another athlete not thinking before he says something, and even though I know he was making a joke there, some idiots are going to make a big deal about it.