Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

I think they are; I think being a kicker in the NFL is more of a mental toughness rather than physical toughness.

I mean, I understand why people say stuff like that because they don't nearly do as much as other players, but they're just as, sometimes if not more, important than any other position with the exception being Quarterback. And the NFL recognizes this; kickers get paid well, but not as good as other players for a reason.

And punters also affect the game field-position wise which can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Edited by Disco King

I'd agree that they have talent and that they are (overly) important to who wins or loses but they don't actually participate in playing the game of football. Adam Vinatieri is as important to the Pats' 3 SB wins as anyone else but I still don't consider him a football player because he could do his job without wearing any pads and still be as effective.

Yes I'm sure Adam Vinatieri could be just block on a kick off just as effectively if he wasn't wearing pads. Or if one of his kicks got blocked and he had to try and tackle someone recovering the ball. Or how about if someone commits a roughing the kicker penalty by obliterating while he's kicking?

Wow, that was a stupid statement Naiwf

Yes I'm sure Adam Vinatieri could be just block on a kick off just as effectively if he wasn't wearing pads. Or if one of his kicks got blocked and he had to try and tackle someone recovering the ball. Or how about if someone commits a roughing the kicker penalty by obliterating while he's kicking?

Wow, that was a stupid statement Naiwf

They can't all be former linebackers like Pittsburgh's Daniel Sepulveda. I think there might be one or two other punters/kickers in the NFL who used to play other positions. Anyone know?

Hunter Smith was recruited to Notre Dame as a QB.

I really don't understand this Giants Lovefest thats going on. Wow, they won 6 straight games, the last 5 of which are against teams with losing records. I'm amazed, they beat the Jets? The 1-8 Jets?! The 2-6 49ers AND the 2-6 Falcons?! They even beat the mighty 3-5 Philadelphia Eagles! But wait, on top of all that, they even managed to beat the amazing 0-8 Miami Dolphins? Clearly this is a team headed for the Super Bowl.

They got rocked by the Cowboys and the Packers and their only impressive win is agains the Redskins, who aren't that impressive at all.

And yet, everyone seems to think they'll be beating the Cowboys. Plax is questionable to play, while the Cowboys add Tank Johnson to the mix. Yeah, the "amazing" streak ends here Giants. They weren't winning even with Plaxico, and if he doesn't play, they've got 0 chance.