Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

I didn't mean the Browns fans weren't dedicated, I should have clarified. Browns fans have repeatedly shown their dedication to their team by following them as fervently as they have.

What I meant was, they have a tedency to get delusional.

Case in point, the Bengals suck for YEARS. They go 8-8, Bungles fans are relentless. Talking about how they're Super Bowl bound, best offense ever...FROM GOING 8-8! Same thing here, sure the Browns look better than they have, but they beat the 2 worst teams in the NFL. Cleveland is NOT a playoff caliber team. And Derek Anderson does not play like he has against good defenses. The Ravens game proves that.

Like I said, Browns fans have been starving for a good team for so long that they look mildly improved and suddenly they're going to win the division? Just isn't happening. But they are looking a lot better.

And he got all his stats in the 4th quarter when the Pats were probably playing a prevent defense.

What's telling is both of their 2nd half TD drives started at their 45 and NE's 35. They had a short field. They couldn't drive down the field against the Pats. Their longest drive was 56-yards.

Chris McAllister and Samari Rolle aren't anything special either.

EDIT: And it's not gonna be the secondary that shuts down the Pats. Any receiver in the league can get open if the QB has all day to pass. The key to beating New England is getting pressure on Brady, forcing him to throw the checkdowns and then punishing the receivers with big hits when they catch the ball.

And the Pats love to throw right down the middle of the field, directly in front of Brady. He hardly has to do any reads, if he doesn't release the ball to the main receiver, a checkdown comes streaking across the middle and Brady dumps it off to them. It's the LBers responsibility to cover the middle of the field there, not the secondary.

And Baltimore's offense is just horrible. At least Pittsburgh and the Giants can run and pass with just the same authority. New England likes to take away what teams do best and force them out of their game, both the Giants and Steelers are comfortable passing or running so that doesn't matter.

Baltimore can't do either. So really...they're gonna beat New England? Just because their good in a video game?

Edited by Evil Chase K

If Lynch can run the football well, they will have a shot. The Bills are, I think, the most underrated team in the NFL. They are 4-4 and really should be 6-2. If not for last second Field Goals by both Denver and Dallas they would be two games better. They may have gotten killed by New England this year, but that was in Foxboro and Buffalo just had a rough start losing their first two games heading into New England.

If not for Buffalo, your only other hope is Pittsburgh. No way, I think, you can say the Giants. They may hang around for a bit in the first half, but not any further. New England will probably beat them by at least 20.

The thing is we saw that good pass rushing DLines can get pressure on New England. We've yet to see a team get pressure with their linebackers.

The Steelers play a 3-4, 3-4 defensive linemen aren't judged by their sacks. They get pressure, but pressure doesn't fluster Brady...contact does. The Giants have 2 of the best pass rushing DEs in football, they'll get to Brady. We'll have to see about the Steelers.

But the thing the Steelers have going for them is physicality. Indy tried to come out and be physical with New England, but they just couldn't sustain it. I saw Randy Moss go alligator armed a couple of times because he knew Bob Sanders was back there waiting to put a big hit on him.

Pittsburgh will be relentlessly physical. Anthony Smith will punish any receiver who makes a catch over the middle, and the Steelers will not let up. The Steelers also have the best blocking WRs in football and both Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes (and even Cedrick Wilson) will put NE's DBs on their backs.

Buffalo's a good team, but I don't know if their offense is good enough to beat NE. Both the Steelers and Giants have balanced offenses that can both pass and throw. They both have skilled TEs who can take advantage of the Pats' defensive weaknesses, those are the two teams NE has to play absolutely perfect against.

Edited by Evil Chase K

So yeah, the thing with the Giants/Pats game is... it's Week 17. If the Pats are undefeated, they may go all out trying to be 16-0. If the Pats lost, it could be a throwaway game since the AFC East is pretty much clinched already.

The Giants meanwhile might be fighting for a playoff spot, so they'd probably be all out trying to get one.

Edited by Lowerdeck