Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

This is the same thing, Cleveland fans are nearly as bad as Cincinatti fans.

Please, Cincinnati fans actually have to stick around. I hate our city's fans because they're the biggest bunch of fairweather assholes in the world. As our season falls apart, instead of rallying behind our team, we go and start ragging on the team's best players. We do the same shit with the Reds too, we will not support naturally amazing athletes, we like players that just try real hard and do their best, it's bizarre. And the minute things go slightly wrong, we turn on the team and act like a bunch of babies that forget that just a few years ago that people forgot the Bengals were even in the NFL.

As for your snide comment - Yes, the season is disappointing, but at the end of the day, there are still a lot of amazing players on the team. Carson Palmer is the third best QB in the league, behind only Brady and Manning, that's pretty impressive for a guy on a losing team. TJ Houshmanzadeh is arguably the best wide receiver in the division, Kenny Watson is really stepping up, Chris Henry is coming back soon (barring an arrest), and when Rudi and Chad are on, they're damn good. Hope is lost for this season, no doubt, but if the Bengals can actually start playing like they care, then something could be salvaged and they might be able to pull out another 8-8 or 7-9 to avoid complete embarrassment.

As for the division, Pittsburgh. No question. As much as I even hate saying it, I'd be stunned if they didn't win it.

On another note, can we just once again talk about how amazing Brett Favre is? With the Bengals going to shit, Green Bay is the team I'm pulling for this year. How great would it be to see Brett get far in the playoffs once again?

Cleveland has the most dedicated fans in football. They always have and they always will.

This is true. As much as I hate to admit it. They've actually done studies on the most loyal fanbases, factoring win-loss records, average temperature in the winter, merchandise sales and game attendance. Despite the Browns generally being a shitty team and playing in a stadium that's ridiculously fucking cold, their games are always sold out and people are decked out in their orange and brown.

Please, Cincinnati fans actually have to stick around. I hate our city's fans because they're the biggest bunch of fairweather assholes in the world. As our season falls apart, instead of rallying behind our team, we go and start ragging on the team's best players. We do the same shit with the Reds too, we will not support naturally amazing athletes, we like players that just try real hard and do their best, it's bizarre. And the minute things go slightly wrong, we turn on the team and act like a bunch of babies that forget that just a few years ago that people forgot the Bengals were even in the NFL.

Mildly improved? When did they change the meaning of "mildly improved" to "SWEET MOSES THAT'S ONE FUCKING BETTER TEAM"?

Seriously, Cleveland is one fucking better team than they were last year. The line has improved. Their quarterback has somehow improved. Their running back has improved (going from Droughns to J-Lewis...yeah, big fucking improvement right there, four touchdown-improvement). Their receivers have improved (Edwards is a bonafide #1 now, and Winslow might be the most underrated tight end in the league, tied with Owen Daniels). Their defense has shown signs of improving. There really isn't any spot they've atrophied at, and barely any they just haven't gotten better at, and the beauty part is that every method is accounted for. Bringing in new players through free agency? Jamal Lewis. Upgrading through the draft? Anderson may want to send a big fucking Christmas card to Joe Thomas. Natural development? y halo thar braylon. They're probably not going to win the division, but considering the heap of shit Browns fans have had rain on them, they can be forgiven for going a little overboard.

Edited by Starty Marty

There's a Bengals fan on the Metallica Club message boards who has all but abandoned the Bengals in favor of the Pats. Sad I know.

Fuck that. Probably will pick whatever team that comes along after the Patriots.