Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

And Puke, CalJo scored on an end around, not a reverse. No big deal, but that's just a huge pet peeve of mine.

Reverse being when the RB hands the ball to the WR?

I tend to just lump the two together as the "play when the WR is used as the running back" so to speak. So chances are I'd call a reverse a reverse, an end around an end around, a reverse an end around, and an end around a reverse.

A reverse means that two runners touch the ball. The QB hands it to one guy, that guy than hands it to someone running in the opposite direction from him when the play starts. An end around means only one guy gets the ball, with a play fake in the opposite direction usually preceding it. The rarely used double reverse means three players besides the QB will touch the ball, with the ball eventually going in the same direction it started off in.

And Puke, CalJo scored on an end around, not a reverse. No big deal, but that's just a huge pet peeve of mine.

Reverse being when the RB hands the ball to the WR?

I tend to just lump the two together as the "play when the WR is used as the running back" so to speak. So chances are I'd call a reverse a reverse, an end around an end around, a reverse an end around, and an end around a reverse.

This might be their chance to go 1-15, though. Think about it, it's a special occasion, they know they're in a lot of trouble, the Giants aren't unstoppable, they don't have an unflappable quarterback. Flap him, and you're on the right track. Plus Jason Taylor needs to start showing his ability if he wants a trade or something.

I kinda feel bad about Ronnie Brown getting injured, he seemed to be the only guy on the Giants that gave a damn yesterday. I hope he can get back next year and play as good as he did this year. Anyways, I can definately see the Dolphins going winless this year, they are a terrible, terrible team.

I kinda feel bad about Ronnie Brown getting injured, he seemed to be the only guy on the Giants that gave a damn yesterday. I hope he can get back next year and play as good as he did this year. Anyways, I can definately see the Dolphins going winless this year, they are a terrible, terrible team.

Next week, the war in Iraq will be Bill Belichick's fault. People are dying for an excuse to bitch about the Patriots, since everything else seems to be turning to gold. In two weeks, we may see some members of the EWB Peyton Manning Haters Club pulling for him over the Hoodie. And in related news, hell has a cold front coming in. :shifty:

I love my Detroit Lions, and think they should have a much improved year over the past few years (not hard now is it?).

Unfortunately, I do not see us winning this game Sunday. I don't know why, it's not like I don't think we're capable, because we are, with the running game finding life and Calvin Johnson being at full strength (opening up a ton of options for the passing game). There is just this gut feeling that says Chicago will find a way to beat us, being in Soldier Field, and Griese has found some sort of a rhythm. I'm hoping for a win, but I'm not going to be overly shocked at a loss this week.

Miami are easily one of the most popular teams over here, largely due to Dan Marino and the fact that they were a high profile team when the sport took off in the late eighties. Same with the Giants, 49ers and Bears. And strangely, Tampa Bay has one of the biggest fan clubs of all in the UK, supposedly due to the English loving an underdog/loser.

I love my Detroit Lions, and think they should have a much improved year over the past few years (not hard now is it?).

Unfortunately, I do not see us winning this game Sunday. I don't know why, it's not like I don't think we're capable, because we are, with the running game finding life and Calvin Johnson being at full strength (opening up a ton of options for the passing game). There is just this gut feeling that says Chicago will find a way to beat us, being in Soldier Field, and Griese has found some sort of a rhythm. I'm hoping for a win, but I'm not going to be overly shocked at a loss this week.