Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

I hate the Cowboys because I'm a Giants fan and everyone else in the NFC East can rot as far as I'm concerned. On the flip side, I like the Pats because they beat up on the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS on a regular basis and also because Brady went to Michigan, my favorite collegiate team. Belichick however is a douchebag, but then again he did stiff the Jets so it's a sticky situation.

So, you think the Falcons have any chance at all tonight? :shifty:

And when Johnny Unitas has the same career passer rating as Jeff Blake, you know it's fucked up.

To be fair, thats due to the style of football changing drastically since the days of Johnny U. Passing back then was more vertical, and completion percentages were lower due to that, and the lessened rules on defensive backs. The game is geared towards the offense now, making it much easier. Hell, Joe Namath has a career completion percentage of 50, and more interceptions than touchdowns.

As far as the Pats go, I've hated them since the 'Tuck Rule' game, hate their fans, and think their dirty (which is odd, coming from a Raider fan, we're supposed to be the 'dirty' team, dammit), but I think crying about Tom Brady being in during the last 20 seconds of a 14 point game is a little much, especially if they're running the ball.

I hate the Cowboys because I'm a Giants fan and everyone else in the NFC East can rot as far as I'm concerned. On the flip side, I like the Pats because they beat up on the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS on a regular basis and also because Brady went to Michigan, my favorite collegiate team. Belichick however is a douchebag, but then again he did stiff the Jets so it's a sticky situation.

So, you think the Falcons have any chance at all tonight? :shifty:

And when Johnny Unitas has the same career passer rating as Jeff Blake, you know it's fucked up.

To be fair, thats due to the style of football changing drastically since the days of Johnny U. Passing back then was more vertical, and completion percentages were lower due to that, and the lessened rules on defensive backs. The game is geared towards the offense now, making it much easier. Hell, Joe Namath has a career completion percentage of 50, and more interceptions than touchdowns.

That's a funny point you make Monsoon, because I was just thinking about how good Ladainian Tomlinson's career passer rating is. His career passer rating is 154.4 which is damn near perfect, and has probably frustrated fantasy owners that had either Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers in the past few years. I know my brother has been annoyed by it.

That's my point, some analysts will point to passer rating to put one QB over another.

And the Dolphins have found some way to make themselves worse, as they have traded Chris Chambers to the Chargers. Not sure who they got back in return, but this is a horrible decision overall.

Actually, it's a great move...They got a 2nd round pick for him, which shows the despiration SD had....Miami is going nowhere this year, and Chambers isnt getting any younger, so getting another day 1 pick is a good move, however i like the move for SD also. They need to win now and a 2nd round pick wouldnt have mattered for them honestly.

Actually, a 2nd round pick would've meant something to them. As good as picking Chambers up is, they usually draft well so they could've still gotten a good player then; just in April, not now. It makes sense for both teams; the Chargers need a veteran WR that can help get more people off Gates and the Dolphins suck and seem to be in a rebuilding faze.

Harrington out, Leftwich in down in Atlanta. ESPN

For those who don't want to read it, let me summarize:

In need of a catalyst on offense, the Atlanta Falcons will turn to Byron Leftwich.

There have been indications since the Falcons' loss to the New York Giants on Monday night that Atlanta coaches were strongly considering a change at quarterback, where Joey Harrington has started all six games for the 1-5 Falcons. That change will come this week when the Falcons play at New Orleans. Falcons coach Bobby Petrino said Wednesday that he plans to keep Leftwich as his starter for the rest of the season.

"He has a very strong arm," Petrino said. "He throws the ball deep down the field, and he just needs to be able to see it, and I have the confidence that he can put it in there. I think he'll do well."

When asked how this is inherently different from Harrington's abilities, Petrino was initially hesitant to respond, eventually quipping "Well...he is darker than Joey."

That's my point, some analysts will point to passer rating to put one QB over another.

In need of a catalyst on offense, the Atlanta Falcons will turn to Byron Leftwich.

There have been indications since the Falcons' loss to the New York Giants on Monday night that Atlanta coaches were strongly considering a change at quarterback, where Joey Harrington has started all six games for the 1-5 Falcons. That change will come this week when the Falcons play at New Orleans. Falcons coach Bobby Petrino said Wednesday that he plans to keep Leftwich as his starter for the rest of the season.

"He has a very strong arm," Petrino said. "He throws the ball deep down the field, and he just needs to be able to see it, and I have the confidence that he can put it in there. I think he'll do well."

When asked how this is inherently different from Harrington's abilities, Petrino was initially hesitant to respond, eventually quipping "Well...he is darker than Joey."

:blink: Tell me he didn't just say that.

And I think we all know Leftwich has an arm...and so do the fans who caught all those 40-yard bombs he was throwing from the opponent's 20 a couple of weeks ago.

The Braves susspoedly will be bringing in Maddox, Glavine and Tori Hunter in the off season.

Now onto something that has bothered me for a while.

I get the NFL channel and I'm always watching NFL total access.

Now, ever Wednesday Mike Perera (VP of officiating) gives his offical review where he gets asked questions about certain situations that occured over the weekend and every time he gives a bullshit answer for example.

NYG vs. ATL

Plexico was hit by hall, backed up and then forced a fumble. Picked it up and it went for a touchdown however, as he picked it up the whistle blew. When asked why this wasn't a fumble Pererra gave the following answer.

"A whistle does not have to blow for a play to be dead."

NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS A WHISTLE GOOD FOR THEN!

Another thing they talked about was the force outs that occured, and Perrera stated that the NFL shouldn't review force outs because its a judgement deceision..