Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

McGahee's too busy enjoying the Baltimore night life to bother running the rock.

I don't blame him. He plays for a coach who hates running the ball, no matter how talented his backs are.

So Billick had one of Jamal Lewis's homies holding a gun to his head all through the 2003 season, or what? :blink:

I would think Billick would be smart enough to note that McNair just isn't getting much done right now.

The Pats have been killing teams this year, and I have to say that I'm pretty pumped about it. I thought last nights game was going to be closer than it was, so right now I'm looking to see what happens against the Colts. You got to believe that there is going to be a lot of points in that game. I mean Brady's WR's were pretty much nobodies before, but now they have three legit threats in Stallworth, Welker and of course Moss.

Guest GotMBTA

Watson isn't bad at bringing the ball in either.

Apparently Indy is going to lose LB Rob Morris for the season and WR Marvin Harrison may be out for some time as well. No word on Sanders or Addai except that Addai "could have finished the game". If Morris and Sanders both go out the Colts might have trouble stopping the run just like last year, which could spell trouble for Peyton's Posse.

And the Lions are better this year. Anything can happen.

As for the Bears secondary being second stringers? Don't know what to tell you there, a win is a win, and good teams find ways to win without starters. The Bears defense was still very good for most of the game yesterday, they put a nice pass rush on Kitna for most of the game which usually masks a secondaries weaknesses. It did, until the fourth quarter, then things began to unravel for the Bears.

I see what you're saying, but some guys are acting like the Lions are the new Patriots or something, when that fourth quarter was just an anamoly.

Absolutely, the kick off return for the touchdown is rarely going to happen (especially from a tight end who isn't exactly known for his blazing speed). I think Lions fans need to keep a realistic perspective on this season, if only based on our history from years before. We need to worry about finishing .500 this year before we even begin thinking about the playoffs.

It's football Pool time again...well, at least for my work. Anyway, last week I did pretty horrible, THANKS!! Nah, just kidding, it's cool. Anyway, I was wondering if I could get some help this week as well.

So far, I picked Greenbay, Cardinals, Titans, Panthers, Cowboys... bit I can easily make changes.

Cardinals / rams?

Lions/ Redskins?

Panthers / Saints?

Falcons/ Titans?

Browns / Patriots?

Chiefs / Jaguars?

Texans / Dolphins?

Seahawks / Steelers?

Jets / Giants?

Buccaneers / Colts?

49ers / Ravens?

Chargers / Broncos ?

Bears / Greenbay?

Cowboys / Bills ? (total points __)?

Apparently, the winner puts in like 13 sheets... Kinda' unfair.

And the Lions are better this year. Anything can happen.

As for the Bears secondary being second stringers? Don't know what to tell you there, a win is a win, and good teams find ways to win without starters. The Bears defense was still very good for most of the game yesterday, they put a nice pass rush on Kitna for most of the game which usually masks a secondaries weaknesses. It did, until the fourth quarter, then things began to unravel for the Bears.

I see what you're saying, but some guys are acting like the Lions are the new Patriots or something, when that fourth quarter was just an anamoly.

McGahee's too busy enjoying the Baltimore night life to bother running the rock.

I don't blame him. He plays for a coach who hates running the ball, no matter how talented his backs are.

So Billick had one of Jamal Lewis's homies holding a gun to his head all through the 2003 season, or what? :blink:

I would think Billick would be smart enough to note that McNair just isn't getting much done right now.

I watched all the games that season, Jamal could've had 2500 yards if Billick wasn't so intent on proving he was a genius by picking Boller (and after his injury, proving that his offense didn't rely on a running back). It's a constant trend, Billick wants to make sure his team plays like the Vikings offense that got him the job.

Alright, I did most of the picks for week 5, but would like to get a few more opinions on a couple of games.

Lions / Redskins

Chiefs / Jags

Buccaneers / Colts

Edited by thisgamewelose

I'm lions fan so can't vote on that game, I think lions should win if there defense play decent. Offense usually show anyway so far. I would flip a corn for chiefs and jags, but my gut tells me chielfs.

Colts, sanders will be back so, I go with the colts.

Go with the Bucs. Sanders missed the second half of the last game with "hurt ribs" and Harrison went out after half of the second quarter with a "bruised" knee.

Now if you think both of them would leave the game like that and it not be a little more serious, you have to be kidding yourself. Top that off with the way the Bucs defense has been playing REGARDLESS of who they have played so far, they still look pretty damn good.

You're high right? Or a really big homer? I'd guess the latter.

Either way, Sanders/Harrison or not, the Colts still have way too many weapons on offense for the Bucs to be able to cover all of them, especially considering their D is what the Colts practice against every day. Not to mention that even with Sanders out, the Colts defense is a lot better this year than they have been in recent years and I think can last a game without Bob.

Yes they practice against that same D every year, but this year The Bucs have switched up their Defense a little adding a lot more man to man and the Linebackers drop back in coverage a lot more. Not to mention you can see them in a 4-3 and a 3-4. The buccaneers are not just a cover 2 D anymore, they run multiple D now.

There's a little thing called "taking precautions." Harrison and Sanders didn't come back into the Denver game because...well, honestly, they weren't needed. The Colts did just fine without them, and they're quite likely to be back this week. And even if they're not, Tampa Bay's still not equipped to get into a shootout if it comes to that.

Especially without F.O.R.D. Williams. You know, Mr. Fix Or Repair Daily?

And speaking of Denver, Travis Henry's being reported to have flunked a test for the ol' Rickyweed and might be gone for a year. Raise your hand if you'd like Shanny to pluck you off the street and make you a 1000-yard rusher.

And speaking of Denver, Travis Henry's being reported to have flunked a test for the ol' Rickyweed and might be gone for a year. Raise your hand if you'd like Shanny to pluck you off the street and make you a 1000-yard rusher.
Edited by Hellfire