Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Wasn't he the offensive co-ordinator there a few years ago, so they're running the exact same offense as he likes anyway? Or something like that, I remember reading about it being an easier transition than usual.

That is correct, sir. There shouldn't be a whole lot of difference, and that's the main reason that he was hired.

Yeah, Norv Turner was also put in some bad positions as a head coach in Washington and Oakland, where both teams have owners who influence the team WAY too much. And not to mention, that well, the Raiders is a no-brainer and in Washington, they just went after old, albeit slightly big free agents that never panned out.

Now he's got LT and one of (if not the best) offensive lines in football, an up and coming QB (and Turner's always been known as a QB guru) and one of the best D's in the league, he's hardly in the same position as his previous head coaching journeys. Not to mention the only team that they really have to worry about in that division is Denver anyways.

Change of heart by the guys in suits prolly. If they are going to trade OR release him, that leads me to believe his price will be cheap. 3rd, 4th, or even possibly 5th round pick in the draft. If he didn't have a fairly decent contract I could see teams like the Bears being interested in making the trade. But depending on injuries and the teams interested, I could also see him being released and becoming a free agent.

Why would they trade or release him? Gerard hasn't been the picture of perfect health either. Who's their other backup QB, cause surely he can't be better than Leftwich

Off the top of my head, teams that might be interested:

Atlanta

Buffalo

Detroit

Might be interested due to a lack of solid backup QB:

Cincinatti

New York Giants

Kansas City

St. Louis

I could also see Dallas being interested, as we're only carrying 2 QBs in right now and one of them is Brad Johnson, although hopefully we sign Matt Moore.

I'd say Atlanta is most likely to take him. Joey Harrington isn't someone you want to have starting without a backup QB who can take over if/when he screws up and Chris Redman isn't that guy and Shockley is injured. Plus people in Atlanta want a african american QB

Edited by Maxx

Buffalo doesn't need Leftwich, they have Losman, who started to come into his own near the tail end of last year and has started to become the leader of the team.

I see him ending up in Atlanta because well they kind of need a QB. Harrington, I think can be a decent QB if he's in the right situation, but Atlanta isn't the right situation at all.

After mulling retirement the entire offseason, defensive end Michael Strahan has decided to play for the Giants this season, the NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports.

Well that will be a big help for the Giants but I still see them struggling to get a wildcard at best to be honest. Full story's up on NFL.com.