Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

The best thing Jeff Garcia ever did was when he played for Cleveland and during a game against the Steelers he was under pressure, scrambling, he tried to get rid of the ball and ended up nailing the side judge in the nuts with the ball.

A little bit later in the game...he did it again. To the same official.

Gracia as a Buc is gonna be as good as Garcia as a Lion or Garcia as Brown. I find it really funny everyone is thinking that since he's there the team is bound for greatness again. He's got like 2 more years in him, and all they're doing is stunting the development of Chris Simms.

Why does New Orleans have a better chance of beating Chicago this year? 1. Reggie Bush has a year of experience under his belt, he's used to the NFL speed and will almost certainly do even better this year. 2. Sean Payton is a hell of a coach and I can't think he won't be ready for the Bears if he has to play them in the playoffs again.

When comparing the Saints to the Bears the 'soft division' argument is useless because they're both in divisions where they should walk away with the title again.

Why does New Orleans have a better chance of beating Chicago this year? 1. Reggie Bush has a year of experience under his belt, he's used to the NFL speed and will almost certainly do even better this year.

Reggie Bush had a year of experience under his belt by the time he played against the Bears in the Championship game, so he's only really had a few pre-season games more experience.

The point is that the Bears topped the Saints last season with the same bumbling QB and key players out injured. If you bring back the injured players and factor in their off-season additions they're a better team than last season. I think that will prove a bigger part of any match-up between the two than a bit more experience for a couple of Saints second year players.

Ultimately, both teams have to make it somewhere before we decide who wins that war. The Bears probably won't have a problem doing it unless some mysterious comet kills the entire defense or something. (I know, ludicrous point.) The Saints also probably won't have a tough time making it back to that game, but their destiny hinges on injuries a lot more than Chi does. If Brees goes down, there's not a damn way 37-year-old Jamie Martin can take them anywhere, and an offense hinged on Bush and McAllister can only work so often.

It almost seems like both conferences will be tightly packed, but the AFC will be a too-many-good-teams cluster. The NFC seems like a somebody's-gotta-make-the-playoffs cluster outside of the Bears and Saints. The East and West don't have any one or two dominant teams, especially if the 49ers can punch with the Rams and Hawks. Some 9-7 team might get in, while the AFC's gonna have at least one 10-6 team on the outside.

Grossman has to be on a shorter leash this season, if the problem persists, I'm sure he'll get yanked, and if Griese or '07 Orton can be like '05 Orton and just manage the offense, there won't be a problem.

And it's hard not to be a homer as a Bears fan, looking at the state of the NFC. The only serious contenders I can see are Dallas and New Orleans. And we beat New Orleans quite convincingly. The Dallas game in September should be a pretty good indication of who's representing the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Edited by naiwf

What the fuck is wrong with people? They're cheering Vick as he goes into the court house. HE admitted he was guilty, the government isn't pinning anything on him, he's not a victim. He admitted his own guilt after he lied to everyone about it and yet, people are still cheering the guy.

Morons.

Guest starsaligned916

Asante Samuel reported to Patriots camp today.

EDIT: Vick is going to make a statement live on ESPN in about ten or fifteen minutes.

Edited by starsaligned916

Guest starsaligned916

DMN, I think Oakland will be better than last year. Their defense will help them to a few wins, but I don't see a .500 record in their future. 6-10? Probably. There are a few teams that are much worse.

DMN, I think Oakland will be better than last year. Their defense will help them to a few wins, but I don't see a .500 record in their future. 6-10? Probably. There are a few teams that are much worse.

I just keep seeing people touting them as, once again, the worst team in the league, but watching the pre-season games (yes, I know they're only pre-season), they don't look that bad. Culpepper has looked good, the line has looked better, and the defense is still good. The AFC West is tough, but I don't think KC is anywhere near as good as last year, and San Diego could have a down year because Turner is a horrible coach.

8-8 is a leap, and my bold prediction, but I see people picking them to win 2 games, and I just can't see that.