Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

So apparently the chargers changed their uniforms?

Looks like they used their 70s style uniform, but dropped the powder blue in favor of the dark blue they had been wearing.

White helmets now too

Why have I heard nothing about this?

Edited by Maxx

So apparently the chargers changed their uniforms?

Looks like they used their 70s style uniform, but dropped the powder blue in favor of the dark blue they had been wearing.

White helmets now too

Why have I heard nothing about this?

Because you've been living under a rock? They were revealed months ago :P

I think they're awesome, the powder blue especially.

Not all that much. Calvin Johnson looked good, only had two catches, but both were for about 25 yards, and were leaping grabs in traffic. He then said he'll be Rookie Of The Year and a Pro Bowler this year. It's definitely possible with his talent. Trent Green looked pitiful. Not good.

Also, I'm really pulling for Miami's running back Jesse Chatman. He's a great talent, just battled with weight problems, even ballooning up to 270 pounds (his natural playing weight is 215-220). But he knows how to run the ball. He spent his first three seasons as a Charger, and in the only game where he got significant playing time, he ran for 103 yards and a touchdown. It's hard getting playing time, when you're backing up LaDanian Tomlinson and Michael Turner. He was a rising star in the NFL, experts thought he could start elsewhere, but his weight problems led to him being cut from the team. He has a career 5.8 yard-per-carry. Tonight in pre-season, he ran for a 74 yard touchdown right down the middle. And now that he's reunited with Cameron in Miami, I hope he gets a chance to really make an impact in the NFL.

And... he's from Seattle, so I'm a little biased.

Calvin Johnson has ended his holdout and is signed with the Lions according to ESPN.com

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Rookie wide receiver Calvin Johnson signed a six-year deal with the Detroit Lions on Friday, ending the No. 2 overall pick's eight-day holdout.

Johnson's signing was expected to allow him to get into camp for workouts Friday. Fellow wideout Roy Williams said a day earlier that "the rookie needs to get in here."

Johnson was regarded by some as the best player in the draft after catching 78 passes for 1,202 yards and 15 touchdowns during his All-America junior season at Georgia Tech. He won the Biletnikoff Award, given to the nation's top college receiver.

Nice to see. Also, Drew Stanton is going to miss the pre-season which sucks for his development. It was probably going to be the only time he'd see the playing field atleast until next season. He'll essentially go into next year as a rookie, assuming he doesn't see the field this year, and I have reason to believe he'll be the third stringer since Dan Orlovsky is a more viable option at number 2 at this point.

Stanton got put on IR to make room for Johnson, so he's done for the year.

This is more of a reply to VP, but you quoted him and it has to do with Stanton, etc. so anyways. I don't see him missing time that big of a problem considering there's a difference between the preseason and the regular season anyways. It's not really going to hurt him at all to just sit and learn from a guy, who while he's not the greatest QB in the world, he has been the guy to groom some pretty good ones lately (Hasselbeck then Palmer). So him not playing in the preseason and for that matter, the regular season, isn't a huge blow to his development.

You make a good point, but I'd like for Stanton to have atleast seen some real NFL action, to get him acclimated to the speed of a real game. With that said, he wouldn't have played this year either, and can still learn from Kitna and the coaches. Also, after seeing J.T. O'Sullivan in action, I'm convinced that this guy can make a good number two for us this year. He impressed me with his arm strength, mobility, and ability to move the ball. The dude made a pretty nice throw on the run to Shaun McDonald which was impressive. Despite his INT, he had a pretty good game and took the team downfield for what should have been two scoring drives (TJ Duckett fumbled at the goal line on the second drive).

I think the offense for the Lions should be dynamite, but I'm still worried about the defense. Our ability to generate a pass rush is a concern, which could further expose our mediocre secondary.

See, he's got the kind of judge who's probably going to be pissed he lied to him and everyone else and claimed he was 100% innocent.

I predict at least a year and half to 2 years and probably all the fines, but it could definately stretch into 3 years.

Yes, but the prosecution doesn't have to accept the deal. That less than a year thing is all Vick's defense team. Prosecution can just say, we want 3 years or we'll go to trial. Vick's team has no leverage whatsoever, I can't see him getting less than a year

She helped Jonathan Alder to the state finals last year, they lost however. They showed a lot of her on ESPN last year, but the fact is that Jonathan Alder is a perennial power in their division, so her making starting position says a lot. I wouldn't be surprised to see her made a D-II, D-III NCAA school.