Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Don't mind Biggz, he hates Grossman so much that he'd rather have Chris Chandler under center.

But really, Grossman had how many starts before last year? I think he had two starts in Turner's system and not sure how many more before that, but the real game situations are a lot different then practice. Grossman last year developed some just because he was in the game. He had his good games and he had bad games, but I'm sure he learned from them.

Now, with a complete off-season to work on his biggest flaws by using pro tape, everyone is saying he's doing great and I expect a lot out of him. We did get to the Super Bowl last year with Grossman as our quarterback and we've only improved since then, Grossman included. We have a very solid team and Grossman is a quality starting quarterback.

Again, as I've said since... forever. He has the tools to be a good quarterback but it is his decision making that makes him horrible. I've said this since his Florida days and it is still going on, at some point you have to realise that he isn't going to change.

If he can't improve this year, I'm all for putting Orton or Griese in. Last year I consider his second-year at the most when it comes to experience and while it was a big roller-coaster ride, he needs to be more consistent. With Olsen and Hester added to this offense there is no reason for him to not play very good football. Well, that and the fact that he has had an entire off-season to look at tape and study everything means he has to show something.

If Rex goes down the tubes again this year, it'd be awesome if Orton stepped in and just ruined the league with his awesome offense-management skills.

That smells like economy-strength sarcasm, Dragsy. At least I hope it is.

Christ, I went to Purdue, and thereby am forced to support Orton, but man, watching him is more excruciating than watching Grossman.

Craig Krenzel was 8-0 with Chicago?

The only game I remember him starting for the Bears was the abysmal thanksgiving game against the Cowboys, featuring his epic battle with Drew Henson to see who could hurt their team more.

Henson won that by a mile

Calvin Johnson has ended his holdout and is signed with the Lions according to ESPN.com

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Rookie wide receiver Calvin Johnson signed a six-year deal with the Detroit Lions on Friday, ending the No. 2 overall pick's eight-day holdout.

Johnson's signing was expected to allow him to get into camp for workouts Friday. Fellow wideout Roy Williams said a day earlier that "the rookie needs to get in here."

Johnson was regarded by some as the best player in the draft after catching 78 passes for 1,202 yards and 15 touchdowns during his All-America junior season at Georgia Tech. He won the Biletnikoff Award, given to the nation's top college receiver.

Nice to see. Also, Drew Stanton is going to miss the pre-season which sucks for his development. It was probably going to be the only time he'd see the playing field atleast until next season. He'll essentially go into next year as a rookie, assuming he doesn't see the field this year, and I have reason to believe he'll be the third stringer since Dan Orlovsky is a more viable option at number 2 at this point.

Calvin Johnson has ended his holdout and is signed with the Lions according to ESPN.com

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Rookie wide receiver Calvin Johnson signed a six-year deal with the Detroit Lions on Friday, ending the No. 2 overall pick's eight-day holdout.

Johnson's signing was expected to allow him to get into camp for workouts Friday. Fellow wideout Roy Williams said a day earlier that "the rookie needs to get in here."

Johnson was regarded by some as the best player in the draft after catching 78 passes for 1,202 yards and 15 touchdowns during his All-America junior season at Georgia Tech. He won the Biletnikoff Award, given to the nation's top college receiver.

Nice to see. Also, Drew Stanton is going to miss the pre-season which sucks for his development. It was probably going to be the only time he'd see the playing field atleast until next season. He'll essentially go into next year as a rookie, assuming he doesn't see the field this year, and I have reason to believe he'll be the third stringer since Dan Orlovsky is a more viable option at number 2 at this point.

I'm going to love it so much if Grossman has a fucking standout year, I think you'd actually be upset to see the Bears win the Superbowl with Sexy Rexy at the helm.

Grossman was an MVP candidate for the first half of last year. Then opposing teams began to gameplan against his strengths and he proved to be a scrub. I don't see him doing any better this year than he did in the second half of last year especially when the defense is a year older and Tankless, and the special teams won't contribute as much since NO ONE will punt or kick the ball to Hester. Most of Grossman's game was throwing the deep bomb and relying on the 'D' to bail him out when he got picked, or for Hester to give him a really short field to work with.

Benson's not nearly as noted for his receiving skills as Jones is. Hopefully, Rex is focused on looking for him, as teams may just let him get more chances while they try to guard against Berrian and Clark.

Incidentally, anyone else liking Thomas Jones's prospects with the Jets? A solid running back to toss to is exactly what Spaghetti-Arm Pennington needs at this point in his career.

If the weather is bad I don't like the Jets' offensive balance. Just stick 6 or 7 in the box to contain the running game, use a zone to double cover Coles and watch Chad float duck after duck across the field. Jones is a big upgrade though if they're winning a game and trying to kill the clock, or if the weather is nice and Chad's arm won't be effected as much by a stiff breeze. The saddest thing is if the Giants and Jets had swapped QB's last year the Giants had the perfect offense for Chad with all their dumpoffs to Tiki or Shockey and Eli could actually throw the ball 35+ yards without giving 6 or 7 seconds of air underneath the ball. It's going to be a long season for both NY teams.