Formula One 2007 Season

TheArsenal

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch much last year, because it bored me silly to be honest. However, I'll be watching at least the first few races to see it this season is going to be more interesting. Hamilton qualified well, so there is hope. Jensen however, did not :(

Ina strange twist, Button's Honda this year is actually worse than Button's Honda last year. You could see the whole way through the race he was struggling with it.

But what a race for Hamilton. I don't think he was ever out of the top three after the first corner of the first lap. An incredible show to claim a podium in your debut race.

I went to the event down in Melbourne for both Saturday and Sunday. Before this, I was always a Ferrari man, but something convinced me to go McLaren, which I thought would never happen. Maybe it's because Hamilton is awesome.

Anyway, it was pretty great, though I got farkin burnt sitting up in the stands. Race was a bit boring though, as there were no real challenges in the top 4. Coulthard's idiocy and the Massa/Fisichella race at the end made up for that though.

The girls were fucking hot as well :w00t:

I'll upload some pics later today.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever debuted better than Lewis Hamilton in Formula One?! I've never heard of a guy getting two podiums in his two debut races. Unlike Jenson Button in the end, this guy is really living up to the hype and - dare I say it - if he makes the right decisions and keeps his cool, he could become as dominant as Michael Schumacher in years to come.

He got the fastest lap, overtook BOTH Ferrari's and held off Raikkonen at the end too. Hamilton could end up being a force, my faith in British F1 Racing has been restored!

And ive been pulling for McLaren for all of four weeks now, but woo! all the same <_<

His start was fantastic. To overtake both Ferrari's within the first two corners was an incredible move. He held off Massa and Raikonnen like a veteran, and showed he's a team player by driving in a way at the start that game Alonso the opportunity to build enough of a lead that meant the race was pretty much hi within 10 laps.

Jenson's main problem is he is in one of the most horrible cars in the history of the sport. Stick him in a Williams, Ferrari, MacLaren or a car of similar standard and he'd most likely be up there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well actually......

BMW Sauber driver Robert Kubica escaped serious injury in a horrific high-speed crash at the Canadian Grand Prix.

The 22-year-old Pole lost control of his car as he tried to overtake Toyota's Jarno Trulli at 180mph as he approached the L'Epingle hairpin.

His car lifted off the ground, crashed into a wall and then somersaulted down the circuit before coming to a halt.

After initial reports of a broken leg, Kubica was later said to have suffered concussion and a sprained right ankle.

He was airlifted to hospital after being extracted form the wreckage of his car.

But team officials later said Kubica had "escaped relatively unscathed" and he is expected to be released from hospital on Monday.

There is no indication yet whether he will be cleared to race in next weekend's US Grand Prix at Indianapolis.

"When you see another colleague have such a big crash and you are hit from the back, it's not a nice feeling," said Trulli.

"At that stage a lot of things were going on in my mind but I have since heard that he's fine."

• 3 months later...

Might as well keep this in the actual F1 2007 thread...

McLaren have been stripped of their points in the 2007 Formula One constructors' championship after the outcome of the 'spygate' row.

The team was also hit with a record $100m (£49.2m) fine but drivers Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso will be allowed to keep their points.

The team's 2008 cars will have to be examined before they are allowed to race next season.

McLaren team chief Ron Dennis is due to speak at a 1915 BST news conference.

Source: BBC News