Haroun and The Sea of Stories

Right, so I've been feeling a little stressed out lately. I just finished my spring break, and going back to school means that I have to go back to struggling to succeed. I had to read a book by tomorrow for my English class, I only managed to buy the book today around 5:30 or so, but I sat down around 7pm and while I love reading, I really wasn't feeling like reading at the moment.

Well I finished the book a few minutes ago, about 2 and a half hours after I started and to be honest. It was the best thing for me. I'm wondering if anyone else has read the book, it has a plot too fantastic to explain, and too absurd to be taken seriously, but the absolute wonder and adventure of the book was a wonderful tale of transformation, growth, independance and love. It really did the trick in making me not so worried about what's going on right now. I mean, beyond school, and the fact that I'll soon have no place to live as we have no more money. The book really made me feel like a child again, the incredible story telling of Salman Rushdie was spot on as far as seeing the world through the eyes of a child, with the wit of an old man.

It almost felt that rather than reading I was being told the story to me by my father like when I was young. It was really a fantastic book.

Anybody else read it?