What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

13 hours ago, Baddar said:

I seem to recall that film being called something different over here. I've seen it. I think it had the girl from season 1 of The Walking Dead in it.

Just looked into it - maybe it was called Frozen here too. Definitely seen it though.

The girl in it is from The Walking Dead. 

I want the time I wasted watching that garbage back. If I had known the writer\director was the guy behind the Hatchet franchise, I'd have avoided it.

Watched Self/Less tonight. It was a fun movie. Not the greatest movie and I could probably sit down and pick the movie apart but I'll leave that for the critics. I enjoy Ryan Reynolds work, although this didn't have the humour in it that I enjoy from him. It reminded me a lot of Face/Off as well, which is a movie I enjoyed for what it was. I will probably never watch it again but it was a good way to kill an hour and a half.

Sometimes when Star Trek The Motion Picture is on, I have to flick over and watch a random 10 minutes of it, just so that I can remind myself "this is what it's like all the way through". Then I turn it off. :shifty: 

On 7/3/2016 at 23:07, Big Forky Cool said:

Watched Self/Less tonight. It was a fun movie. Not the greatest movie and I could probably sit down and pick the movie apart but I'll leave that for the critics. I enjoy Ryan Reynolds work, although this didn't have the humour in it that I enjoy from him. It reminded me a lot of Face/Off as well, which is a movie I enjoyed for what it was. I will probably never watch it again but it was a good way to kill an hour and a half.

I thought it was pretty good, except it was hard to believe that Ryan Reynolds was playing the same character as Ben Kingsley at times. 

(About the only Ryan Reynolds movie I didn't like that comes to mind is VOICES

8 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I thought it was pretty good, except it was hard to believe that Ryan Reynolds was playing the same character as Ben Kingsley at times. 

(About the only Ryan Reynolds movie I didn't like that comes to mind is VOICES. 

I thought Voices was brilliant. Deadpool and Voices are the two best things I've seen him in, just seemed perfect for both parts. Oh, and Buried.

Watched The Guest (2014) today, and I gotta say I enjoyed it quite a lot. It's a bit cliché and nothing will truly surprise you about the premise, but its paced very much like an old-school horror/slasher flick with thriller elements and at times a few cheesy 80s-esque action sequences. The music is also very 80s with industrial synth music being thrown in.

Very much enjoyed Dan Stevens as 'David', it's nothing award-winning but he ticks every box what you want about a mysterious stranger. He brings some laughs, he can be intense, and he can be sinister as hell, and he really doesn't look out of place as an action-guy after only having seen the guy play a pudgy aristocrat in Downton Abbey before.

Also Lance Reddick plays a role, and i'm a huge fan of him always.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Watched The Guest (2014) today, and I gotta say I enjoyed it quite a lot. It's a bit cliché and nothing will truly surprise you about the premise, but its paced very much like an old-school horror/slasher flick with thriller elements and at times a few cheesy 80s-esque action sequences. The music is also very 80s with industrial synth music being thrown in.

Very much enjoyed Dan Stevens as 'David', it's nothing award-winning but he ticks every box what you want about a mysterious stranger. He brings some laughs, he can be intense, and he can be sinister as hell, and he really doesn't look out of place as an action-guy after only having seen the guy play a pudgy aristocrat in Downton Abbey before.

Loved that film, I thought it was excellently done.

12 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

He has a really bad Jamaican accent, apart from that he is class.

46 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Loved that film, I thought it was excellently done.

Personally really loved the classic open ending with most of the explanations up in the air. Really hammered home that old-school slasher/horror vibe. Like I loved with Drive, less was more and not everything was being spoon fed and explained, and his real origins and goals were kept in the dark. It really left me wanting to know/see more, even though it'll probably never get a sequel.

Rewatched Horns out of boredom today, still think the film is great. I love that Daniel Radcliffe has just tried basically anything since he finished Harry Potter. Such great range. Plus he can rap Alphabet Aerobics by Blackalicious like a boss.

Basically I thoroughly enjoy everything Daniel Radcliffe does.

4 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Rewatched Horns out of boredom today, still think the film is great. I love that Daniel Radcliffe has just tried basically anything since he finished Harry Potter. Such great range. Plus he can rap Alphabet Aerobics by Blackalicious like a boss.

Basically I thoroughly enjoy everything Daniel Radcliffe does.

I totally respect what he's tried to do with his career, but I can't remember seeing anything with him in which wasn't self-parody that I've enjoyed. I'm hoping Swiss Army Man is the one to change that. I haven't seen Horns though, maybe I'll have to give it a try -- I thought it looked super average when it was coming out, but maybe I'll give it a chance. 

Thought I'd watch San Andreas since I'd recorded it. I quite like disaster films because they are fun. But one scene at the end just made me go 'Ugghh'

Spoiler

The camera shows the devastated bridge and the AMERICA flag slowly drapes down. 

Just no need.