What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Just started watching Game Of Thrones....2 episodes in and it's been pretty good. I'm still waiting for it to heat up though and really grab my interest.

I think it was episode 5 or 6 where I flipped shit and totally started to love the show.

So I got around to watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the most recent movie, which Michael Bay produced), and I have to say, I don't see why it caught so much flak. It wasn't the complete and utter wreck which the reviews told me that it would be, that's for sure. Was it incredible or anything? Not even close. But it was, at the very least, watchable until the end.

The only really weird part was the discovery that mutant turtle shells are bullet proof.

• Like 1

Watched about the first 10 minutes or so of Murder Of A Cat, which we got from Netflix based on the cast. Looked like rubbish, so it went back into the envelope and out to the mailbox fast.

Heidi decided to watch Ride, which was written and directed by its star, Helen Hunt. I ended up watching it while on the computer, and it was pretty good. Starts out fairly slow, however. 

Mad Max Fury Road was pretty awesome, I think.

Well yeah, there isn't any other answer.

I finished both seasons of Peaky Blinders, and ready for the next. Great fucking show, love it man, fucking great stuff. Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy kick ass.

Started watching Hell on Wheels and Marco Polo, both are really fucking good.

• Like 1

Watched a bunch of stuff recently. Really enjoyed The Imitation Of Life and Storytelling. 

Straight Outta Compton and The Wolfpack, were both pretty good but had the potential to be so much better. 

Can't quite justify either, but also really enjoyed The Maze Runner and MacGruber for what they were.  

Watched Michael Haneke's first two films, The Seventh Continent and Benny's Video which I thought were a little disappointing. There was some really good stuff in both, but they feel overlong and don't engage me in the same way his later work does. 

And finally, I thought Dope was one of the most disappointing films I've seen recently. It looked great, but it has no idea what it wants to be, and it ends up feeling so superficial and fake that it completely undermines the point the film tries to make. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2