What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School and Scooby-Doo: Pirates Ahoy weren't good, but it clears them off my Sky box and brings a temporary end to my Scoobython until I can be bothered actively hunting the others out.

Currently watching The Croods. It's mediocre Dreamworks stuff.

The Beast of War (Alternatively The Beast) is a cracking film. Made in 1989 (I think), a tank film set during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Has two of my favourite quotes from films, except that the first one was from Kipling.

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,

And the women come out to cut up what remains,

Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains

An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

And

Out of commission, become a pillbox. Out of ammo, become a bunker. Out of time, become heroes

Such a bloody good film. How can little Stevie Balwin go from doing one of my favourite films to doing one of my favourite awful films (Biodome, don't judge me)?

• Like 1

Watched The Internship and Kingsman: Secret Service this weekend. I liked The Internship more than I thought I would and didn't like Kingsman as much as I figured I would. Kingsman definitely had some really fun moments and the scene where all the heads were blowing up into fireworks made me laugh far harder than it should have but overall I didn't enjoy it that much.

The Running Man was what you expect from an Arnie film with the synopsis it has.

Uplink underground, uplink underground. If you say that one more time, I'll uplink your ass, and you'll be underground!

It is like Shakespeare.

• Like 3

I've been watching Ideal the BBC3 sitcom. I like it and think it is very underrated, sure it is a little bit base but I have a soft spot for Johnny Vegas and off key characters.

• Like 1

Watched it last night, but the documentary on The Amazing Randi is...well, in a word...amazing.  The man could've been a legendary conman, because even when it was made, when it was in his early 80s...the man is charismatic as hell.  showing the old footage of him, from when he was younger, and he just has the audience in the palm of his hand.  

The side story about his boyfriend is deeply touching too, ending with his near deportation. 

• Like 1

Just watched CHAPPiE and I quite liked it mostly because three of my favourite people are in it; Sharlto Copely, Watkin Tudor Jones (apparently now called Ninja) and Yolandi Visser. I have a soft spot for South African accents and Yolandi is really hot in a weird way.