What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Finally got around to watching Transformers: Age of Extinction, due to insomnia. There were about five different plots, and none of them made sense. Still, explosions, chase scenes, the past coming back to bite humanity in the butt, and robots turning into cars and back again, so, basically what I expected.

I still have no idea what I thought of Knock Knock. It was entertaining, and some bits worked kind of nicely, but I just can't tell if it's intentionally as funny as I found it because Keanu is totally channeling his Nic Cage to the max. 

I thought the 3rd Hunger Games was okay, but had absolutely nothing on the 2nd one, which still remains one of my biggest surprises for enjoyment of a film. I thought it did a good job of being an instalment in its on right, and I'm excited for the finale chapter. They've done a great job with assembling such a good cast. 

And finally got Mubi, so I just watched Grey Gardens (1975). It's an extraordinary piece of documentary filmmaking, but I didn't get emotionally invested until the final twenty minutes, which limited my connection to the character for the prior seventy. It's definitely a film I'lll be revisiting at some point. I appreciated it, and invested in some of it, but not all of it.